Tournament System - Now Online!
by Chris Lobban, Code Monkey
3rd April 2008
At long last, the tournament system has been launched and is ready to use. Judges and Players alike should swing over to http://www.trekcc.org/tournaments/ and pay a visit to it, fill out their player profile, and start using it to coordinate all their local tournaments. So... was it worth the wait? Well, here's a quick overview of some of the features that this new tournament system has to offer you.
- Tournament Listings. Okay, this is obvious given the name. But I still wanted to ensure you that it can indeed do this. We didn't lose sight of the main function amongst the bells and whistles detailed below.
- Player Ratings. Again, fairly obvious. See the note above. ;-)
- Tournament Pre-registration. If you're wandering around and see a tournament that you'd like to attend, just hit the "Pre-register" button on that tournament page and you'll be signed up. This accomplishes several things. First, it lets the TD know to expect you. Second, it makes it easier for the TD to enter the results later without having to worry about misspelling your name or anything, because you've already entered it for him. Third, it adds the tournament to your player profile page (more details below) so that you don't forget about it. And finally, it advertises the fact that you'll be there, so that your adversaries know that they should be quaking in their boots for fear of facing you. Or laughing at your puny, insignificant rating. Either way... ;-)
- Post-action breakdown. Revisiting the same tournament page after the TD has registered the event results will give you a complete summary of how each player faired. Also, by clicking through each player at the event, you can even see who all they played against and how well they did. So if you can't remember the name of the guy playing the mean Bajoran deck against you in Round 2, you can find it here. If you're curious how that Bajoran deck did against the Borg deck you faced in Round 3, check here and see if they played each other, and what the result was.
- Player Profiles. Clicking on "View Profile" at the top of the page will give you a complete look at your entire tournament history. At a glance you can see which tournaments you've played in, how well you placed, and how that day's performance affected your overall rating. You'll also see a list of all the tournaments that you've pre-registered for, so that you don't forget about them. You can also see a complete head-to-head summary of results from every individual game you've ever played. So if you're curious what your overall win/loss ratio is against the friendly neighborhood nemesis that you play against at every tournament, you can find out right here.
- April 9th UPDATE: Split ratings for Constructed vs Sealed events.
- April 9th UPDATE: 1st Edition tournament support
... and that's just the start of it. Want to know what else will be added to the system in the next couple weeks?
- Affiliations and Decks. TDs will be able to flag which affiliation each player was playing in the event, making it easy to see at a glance how each affiliation is performing overall. Also, players will be able to attach their own decklist (from the Deck Builder) to the event, and by making it public all your adoring fans will be able to see exactly what you pummeled them with that day.
- Pre-printed PADDs. If players have pre-registered for the event, a TD will be able to go into the tournament right before he heads out to the event, and with the click of a button print out a stack of prefilled score cards, ready to use during the event. Less paperwork when you get there is a good thing, right?
- And lots lots more (meaning, I'm sure I haven't thought of it all yet, but as I do I'll keep adding more stuff)
So go check it out, and start using it immediately. And keep coming back to watch it continue to grow as we offer you more and more options to make your tournament experience more fun and fulfilling.
Back to Archive index