What does it mean to be Borg? Let me list things that you may or may not know about the design of the Borg:
• The Borg are greedy. They want your personnel, your events, and they even want to attempt the same kind of missions you attempt.
• The Borg are in total control of their hive and masters of their own deck. This is why they have the ability to download and manipulate their deck so much.
• The Borg are attribute light. They often need their numbers.
• The Borg do things just a bit different than anyone else. This is why they pay so many costs by discarding cards from the top of the deck.
• The Borg are not interested in alliances. They will take what they want. This is why the Unicomplex is the only headquarters mission one can command while playing Borg.
• The Borg lack key skills but make up for it with an array of verbs that lessen the effects of dilemmas.
• The Borg are interconnected, and because of this, share experiences and skills with one another.
• The Borg have the best ships in the game.
• What few unique Borg personnel The Borg have are important to them.
I hope that this list gives players and fans of STCCG Second Edition some insight and a better appreciation of The Borg.