For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 850 posts

By tlmirkes (Tim Mirkes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:Am I the only one who is more interested in what the mirror Disco is up to in the prime universe right now than what we're actually watching?
I just expressed this exact sentiment to a friend this morning. As charming as I find Tilly, I want to see Captain Killy carousing in the prime universe that is totally unprepared for her, and even less prepared for a spore drive-fueled rampage against the Klingons.

My head canon basically has her showing up and doing what Lorca would've been doing if various "chain of command" types hadn't been breathing down his neck. And that's an arc I'd like to see.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
monty42 wrote:Am I the only one who is more interested in what the mirror Disco is up to in the prime universe right now than what we're actually watching?
The writers have outright stated that that will play into things. Especially since its been weeks in the MU.

Some great moments last week, Especially moving the overall war story to an end. The meeting with the rebellion council was fun. Mirror Saru was a bit of a waste, but there's really not all that much they can do with him. I did like his prime version, though. And poor Lorca! This si really getting to him.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Another interesting episode :thumbsup: :P the mirror episodes are way better than the ones from the regular universe imho.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
Zef'No wrote:
And Lorca is obviously Mirror Lorca, but that's probably going to be another "big surprise" that nobody is supposed to be expecting.

Chapeau, monsieur. Chapeau.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Saru soup was the best picture of the mirror universe. In a Mirror, Darkly indeed.

I thought there was something awry when she got to "choose" one of the guys. But that it was a menu choice was an interesting suprise LOL

Discovery is getting more and more interesting with every episode.

Oh, and the captain (Lorca) isn´t Section 31 after all. Maybe he will establish it in future episodes? Can´t wait to see.

So far we have seen other Star Trek series just dive into the mirror universe for a length of one episode and then maybe some others. So to speak, just single episodes. But the Discovery crew is stuck there for quite some time now. No happiness within 45 minutes. Just stress and pain for several episodes. Was about time Star Trek collides with "realism".

Monty42, if you´re reading this, please be Lieblich :wink:

By the way, well done Zef´No :cheersL: :cheersR:

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
Oh, and the captain (Lorca) isn´t Section 31 after all. Maybe he will establish it in future episodes? Can´t wait to see.
Yeah, it looks like I was premature on that one.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:No happiness within 45 minutes. Just stress and pain for several episodes. Was about time Star Trek collides with "realism".
The equation of misery, stress, and pain with "realism" is perhaps the most pernicious trend in modern storytelling, especially in Star Trek.
 -  
So Tyler is now Voq? Interesting thing to keep the character around past the end of the season as well as an interesting take on an 'alien.'

Saru is now captain, right? That's going to be an interesting report back to Starfleet.

Hmm, Georgeau will have more appearances on the show after her death than when she was alive. And Head Culber was great, too.
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:No happiness within 45 minutes. Just stress and pain for several episodes. Was about time Star Trek collides with "realism".
The equation of misery, stress, and pain with "realism" is perhaps the most pernicious trend in modern storytelling, especially in Star Trek.
It's kind of the go to thing to do to your enemies in the Mirror Universe. To quote another dark side, fear will keep them in line.

It's been established in every study that pain, or even threat thereof, doesn't lead to effective results. Working out a deal, on the other hand, does tend to give good intel. Of course, it's not as exciting to watch and Jack Bauer can't really sit around for more than a few minutes.
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:By the way, well done Zef´No :cheersL: :cheersR:
You've definitely earned a slow clap from me.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
The Theme of this series seems to be

Establish a character so we like him and then make it so we have bad Feelings for him

1) Ash - first look was good. The constant whining and the "reveal" was too much for me
2) Lorca - well, so he´s a baddie, too. No more "good guy with questionable methods", it was a bad guy all along
3) Doctor: too pure and friendly. Needs to die quickly!

so: Who´s next? Saru? Not many left though.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I still don’t 100% understand whether Ash Tyler is a Human brainwashed to think he’s a Klingon or a Klingon brainwashed to think he’s a Human or what, but to be fair I don’t think Saru does either. He just wanted the mess in sickbay cleaned up.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
bhosp wrote:I still don’t 100% understand whether Ash Tyler is a Human brainwashed to think he’s a Klingon or a Klingon brainwashed to think he’s a Human or what, but to be fair I don’t think Saru does either. He just wanted the mess in sickbay cleaned up.
It's Voq's body with Ash's psyche and memories in there... a new twist for Klingons to be able to manipulate those, but L'Rell's house does specialize in espionage, so maybe she picked up some sleeper agent techniques from the Tal Shiar... I also interpreted her last scene as a Death Yell where she "killed" Voq's re-emerging consciousness. She had more fun torturing Ash anyway, so she's cool.

It *was* kind of an abrupt end to the war storyline... that Saru just told her it was over, and she believed him. I'm sure there will be regret later, and possibly some more mental voodoo to restore Voq once they get back to where they came from and have to clean up ISS Discovery's mess.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Monty42, if you´re reading this, please be Lieblich :wink:
I have a lot of feelings towards this show but that's not one of 'em.
However, I hated the first seasons of TNG, DS9 and Enterprise when I first saw them. Coincidently those are the three Trek shows I like most. So maybe in a few years... If the show actually makes it that long...
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote:It *was* kind of an abrupt end to the war storyline... that Saru just told her it was over, and she believed him.
Looked more like Saru was simply misleading her. The war isn't over. It's still very much going on, although the Klingons have been dealt a crippling blow. Last week we got the key to ending it. The two chapters are more connected than we thought.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Faithful Reader wrote:
CaptMDKirk wrote:It *was* kind of an abrupt end to the war storyline... that Saru just told her it was over, and she believed him.
Looked more like Saru was simply misleading her. The war isn't over. It's still very much going on, although the Klingons have been dealt a crippling blow. Last week we got the key to ending it. The two chapters are more connected than we thought.

Such as?? :wink:
 -  
vlasopes wrote:
Faithful Reader wrote:

Such as?? :wink:
During the meeting with the Rebellion, Burnham explained her situation and was told by Voq's counterpart that if the houses were united, it would pave the way for peace. They have someone who swore by that doctrine in their brig. If she comes around to the situation that our Voq is in, it would go a long way towards being able to invite outsiders. Granted everyone wont be friends, a la Enterprise, and it isn't a sure thing, but the map points are there.

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]