For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 454 posts

By anguss (Andrey Gusev)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:...or I can pass that data to Andrey and get him to do it. :P
Yep, I'll look into this my tonight. Thanks for bringing this up!

Andrey
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I think I figured it out. Sent you a PM, Andrey.

Thanks again for the decks, everyone!
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Emperor
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say again how thankful we are (and I personally am) for your continued assistance in citing the remaining (hopefully dwindling!) instances of buggy achievements. I know you are eager to keep earning (and keep what you've earned), so it helps us all when you point these out. :)

As a thank you, you can peek at the "New" section on the achievements page for a little something added to the list. It's not much, but we didn't want to continue falling behind new expansions, so we won't make you wait for these new Broken Bow theme decks (and there are Klingons, so you never know what might also be cloaked nearby...). Enjoy!

By anguss (Andrey Gusev)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The achievements in question have been fixed. During the next nightly script run all qualified decks should get the achievements.

Let me know if this will not happen.
And also let us know about any other achievement issues you would notice.

Maybe we can pinpoint this thread somewhere so that everybody would know where to report any issues / ask questions regarding the achievements? Not sure who can help with this.

Andrey

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Could someone behind the code tell me why this deck of John's, Jake Sisko is Fake News (played on the 8th April 2017), is eligible for the Strange Bedfellows Release achievement (Play in a sanctioned Second Edition tournament between 10 April and 17 May, 2015 with a deck that contains at least 8 cards from Strange Bedfellows.)?

I get it's got 13 cards from SB, put the date's way passed what appears in the mouseover text.

Thanks,

Danny

By anguss (Andrey Gusev)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The quick answer is: because there are two separate checks, one for the deck and another for actually playing with the deck in one of the tournaments. So, the deck is eligible and the achievement would be awarded in case the deck would be attached to a tournament played in the specified time period.

The next question would be: shouldn't we stop to check for the outdated achievements? I guess we should. I'll look into this.

Andrey
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I just saw this in FYI.
Comicbookhero wrote:I never know where to post something like this, so I will just toss it here.

I think bhosp and I should have gilded the Klingon Justice achievement with our Nationals decks, but neither of us got it.

By anguss (Andrey Gusev)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Looking into this right now. Hmm, looks like there is a missing part of the achievements reward system that I'm not familiar with yet...

Andrey
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
This isn't achievement related, precisely, but I was going through the deck lists from nationals and I saw that there are notices about cards receiving errata since the deck was last played. It looks like the date check for that notice is broken. A card that received errata on 2016-12-24 set off the notice for a deck played 2017-04-09.

Here's the deck. The card in question is Operate Wormhole Relays.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:This isn't achievement related, precisely, but I was going through the deck lists from nationals and I saw that there are notices about cards receiving errata since the deck was last played. It looks like the date check for that notice is broken. A card that received errata on 2016-12-24 set off the notice for a deck played 2017-04-09.

Here's the deck. The card in question is Operate Wormhole Relays.
Should be fixed now, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
So it seems that all my decks from 2008 through mid-2010 have been unlinked from the tournaments in which I played them... is there a simple way to restore this without going back through and relinking them one by one?

(Posting here as it relates to earned achievements that have been affected.)

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Achievements started January 2011. There isa noticable change in the number of decklists I entered.

:cheersR:

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
The Mad Vulcan wrote:Achievements started January 2011. There is a noticable change in the number of decklists I entered.
Yeah, I actually posted most of the decklists I used before achievements were tracked, and I was trying to ascertain why they were now unlinked. A few of my earned achievements were reliant on those past performances and have now been deactivated as a result.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I have no idea why this happened -- we'll see if any one of us can figure out the cause before we do anything -- but, if worst comes to worst, I have a database capture from January 2017, which should have backups of all that data.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]