For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
The Limited Madness experimental online tournament series continues in January with a Second Edition event that I'm calling (for lack of a better title) Boosted Sealed.

Here's how this works. Shortly after you pre-register, you'll be assigned a random virtual starter deck from the 16 designed by Linkan. No two players will receive the same starter (except in the unlikely event we have more than 16 players).

Once you've received your randomly assigned starter deck, you can enhance the deck with three booster packs. You get to choose which three packs you want to add to your cardpool, but you can't choose the same expansion twice. These are the expansions you can choose from:

Second Edition (Premiere)
Energize
Call to Arms
Necessary Evil
Strange New Worlds
To Boldly Go
Captain's Log
These Are the Voyages
In A Mirror Darkly
What You Leave Behind

As an added twist, after EACH round, players can add one more booster pack to their cardpool. You again get to choose which pack, but it can't be an expansion you've selected previously in the event.

Skype (or other mutually agreed upon voice chat program) and Lackey are required to play, as this is an online event. Time limit for each round is 75 minutes (1 hour, 15 minutes).

First round pairings will go out on January 9th. Good luck, and happy gaming!
 -  
Couple more notes I forgot to mention:

As with the 1.1 event, I will award one random player that completes all of their rounds with one month of premium TrekCC membership for themselves or a player of their choice.

Also, I'll start assigning decklists to players once I have four pre-registered.
 -  
We've hit four players! Huzzah! I'll randomly assign decklists sometime tonight or tomorrow for those that have registered.

Since we'll likely have a low turnout, I'll even randomly pick two for each of you and let you choose which one you want - in case you feel one is particularly poor or are gunning for a certain achievement.

When I make the selections and send PMs (I'll post on here when I've done so), send me a reply with your deck selection, and which three boosters you want to add, and I'll prepare your cardpool.
 -  
Deck assignments have been PMed to registered players.

If you aren't registered yet and want to play, you can still register right up until the start date. I'll send out deck assignments as soon as I notice any new registrations.

Actual cardpools will go out closer to the event's start, to give all players a roughly equal amount of time to deckbuild.
 -  
We're up to five! I've randomly selected decks for Ted and sent them along.

I'm still waiting to hear back from one other player (Jon) on deck & pack choices. I'm not going to send any cardpools out until I've heard back from everyone (or one week before the start of the event, at the latest).
 -  
Yay, we have six! I like six. It's a much better number than 5.

I'll contact Markus tonight.

Card pools will be going out on or around January 2nd.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Dan, this sounds like a fun format. Maybe we should give it a try at one of your Palm Bay tournaments. How are the starter decks randomly determined? I assume you know what everyone will be playing, or does everyone know what everyone else is playing? Since it's all random and sealed decks, it really doesn't matter that much if people know who is playing what.
 -  
T-Ricks wrote:Dan, this sounds like a fun format. Maybe we should give it a try at one of your Palm Bay tournaments. How are the starter decks randomly determined? I assume you know what everyone will be playing, or does everyone know what everyone else is playing? Since it's all random and sealed decks, it really doesn't matter that much if people know who is playing what.
I know what everyone is playing, and since I'm generating the packs for online play, I can't actually play in the event. It would be different offline where I wouldn't see the packs - but I wouldn't have access to all the different sets, either.
 -  
Opening cardpools are now sent to currently registered players.

If you aren't registered and want to join up, there's still a week to register. I can get you set up as soon as I see you registered.

Round one pairings will go out on the 9th.
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Some day, I hope to have the time and availability to participate in events like this.

-crp
Me too! I'm trying to live vicariously through my players :-)
 -  
OK, guys, it's time for pairings. But before I do, please read the following instructions:

For each round, once your game is complete, I need *both* players to PM me, and decide what booster pack you'd like added to your cardpool. (It has to be an expansion you haven't already chosen.) If you do, I'll send you the new cards on the day I release new pairings.

Please try to get your games played in time, so that everyone can get their cards on time! If it's not going to be played on time, please let me know what the situation is and I'll try to work with you. If I don't hear from you, it's a missed game.

With all that said, here are round 1 pairings.

Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Ted Reebel (TReebel)
Markus Eberlein (eberlems) vs. Oliver Thust (bashircommander)
Jon Fry (KryptoJF) vs. Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish)

Remember, time limit is 75 minutes. Results are due Tuesday, January 16th. Good luck, and happy gaming!
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]