Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Hello Trek Lovers!
Welcome to the first ever Online League both outside and inside of The Dojo! I just couldn't wait for all the groups that had opinions on how to do this to come together and agree on something, so I am getting this ball rolling myself. And don't worry - the ultra cutthroat, super competitive nature of The Dojo exist far away from this Online League! We are all about keeping things simple and inviting for all kinds of players.

The concept is simple. Play this game. Do it online. Don't worry about winning - just have fun.

Any questions? Please ask below! But for now, I'll see you in The Dojo!

*If you are preregistered for this league, and I have confirmed you, you're name will appear here.
*To preregister, in the comments below, please say you would like to pre-register.
*Once the league kicks off, this section will be changed to reflect current standings.

**Pre-Registered Players**
Lore
Latok
Caretaker's Guest
Pfti
Mogh, Son Of Worf

*Play either 1st or 2nd Editions! It's Ok to play only one edition or both!
*Play any format (as long as both players agree!)
*Play at least 4 league games during the league month!
*Individual participants will schedule games themselves!
*Normal online game time limits apply!
*Lackey -AND- Skype are recommended!

Use this link here to sign up!
Use this link here to log into your account once signed up!

*Report results back to this thread in 24 hours or less!
*In order for a match to be counted, both players have to confirm the result!
*You are allowed to change your decks between games!
*Any type of Win counts as a Win. This includes Modified Wins.

*Starting Thursday, February 1st and running until Wednesday, February 28th!

*Prizes will be in the form of an exclusive forum badge!

-

*One will be given to the player who plays the most games and another one will be given out to the player who wins the most games! If one player qualifies for both, that player will receive a single badge, but with two pips on it.

Pre-Reg AND Discuss here!

Pre-Reg here!
Discussion Thread Here!

Pre-Reg here!
Discussion Thread Here!

Last edited by bosskamiura on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Not sure I can follow the strict guidelines for the WTC events, but count me in this month for the anything goes fun league! :cheersL:

Lackey: LORE
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
...and we're off folks. Let's get those games going.

Remember, if you would like to join in, just say so and I'll get you added to the list.

TK

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Incoming result, league, 2E constructed:

Got annihilated by Greg FW VS Seppel FL 100:30.

Thanks for the game, it was a pleasure as usual!

But please pull this deck against the next San Diego-guy you face, who accused me of playing unfun tier-1 Romulans whilst running Voyager all-Space with Field Studies :) .

Next time it will be the Klingons or Borg... My Dominion-battle deck sucks... :)

Too clunky, too fat and vulnerable to ETUs and event destruction... :(

https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=37730
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Week nights for me are pretty open this week (after 5 pm CST) for anyone up for a game. I'd also like to play Greg if possible sometime soon, since I don't think we've ever had a match. Let me know!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I may be not on your radar, since I suck lately. But I have good stats against Pulsfort, Tobias and Johannes. I always got to top 8 or top 4 during big tourneys, but I cannot afford the traveling to the US, I feel somehow overlooked :) . I was No 1 once in 1E. But that 22nd century stuff drives me nuts. I refuse to play it. Since we are so few players registered :( , I'd be honored if we could play OTF or 2E constructed. I'll send you a pm shortly.
All the best, Seppel

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Caretaker's Guest wrote:But please pull this deck against the next San Diego-guy you face, who accused me of playing unfun tier-1 Romulans whilst running Voyager all-Space with Field Studies :) .
You fail to mention I wasn't using the Chuckles brothers. And that I *was* using terrible multi-affiliation personnel to enable the Common verb cycle.

Tier-1 Romulans are unfun to play against once they're set up; there are very few dilemmas that they can't dodge in one way or another.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote:
Caretaker's Guest wrote:But please pull this deck against the next San Diego-guy you face, who accused me of playing unfun tier-1 Romulans whilst running Voyager all-Space with Field Studies :) .
You fail to mention I wasn't using the Chuckles brothers. And that I *was* using terrible multi-affiliation personnel to enable the Common verb cycle.

Tier-1 Romulans are unfun to play against once they're set up; there are very few dilemmas that they can't dodge in one way or another.
Unless there's some sort of agreement, if you play a weak deck, get stomped by a better one, and get salty about it, that's on you. The nice thing about this league is you can play as casual or competitive as you want.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Naetor wrote:The nice thing about this league is you can play as casual or competitive as you want.
Yes, of course you *can* play a tier-1 deck in a league. Doesn't mean I'm not going to call you out on it when you go completely overboard for a game that has literally no stakes (it's actually one of the reasons I decided against joining the Feb league).

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Yeah, that's one of the big problems with the league. There are too few people which play for the same reason. I hate to waste my time playing against someone who doesn't want to play seriously and scolds me for doing so. On the other hand, I also understand people that just want to play fun decks against each other - but it's not compatible, unfortunately.

This being said: I'm on discord most of the time and open for 1E games for the league. I think we did not really do it last season, but it's totally okay to play somebody more than once, is it?
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]