For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like this hype. Maybe we can get a Matt-Sebastian rematch and stream it on Twitch?
Rule of the Corbett No 73: Hype is good for business :) . If he ever wants to play me anymore, cause I'm so unfun :) . This is by no means the case.

I am sorry but it was not the first time Matt called me that. Sometimes I think simply does not take loosing very well... Pitty.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote:
Rule of the Corbett No 73: Hype is good for business :) . If he ever wants to play me anymore, cause I'm so unfun :) . This is by no means the case.

I am sorry but it was not the first time Matt called me that. Sometimes I think simply does not take loosing very well... Pitty.

It's "sell the sizzle", but close enough. Speaking of hype... what did Matt exactly call you?

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
KillerB wrote:what did Matt exactly call you?
I didn't "call" him anything, I accused him of bringing a gun to a knife fight. IMO League games should be where you try weird deck ideas that aren't quite there for tournament play. Sebastian brought a tier-1 deck while I did not. So yeah, I didn't enjoy myself as much as if we had played decks of the same tier. I would not begrudge playing a tier-1 deck in an actual tournament; I had a different perspective on how to approach a League game, and there have been some great suggestions here on how to avoid that situation in the future.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
CaptMDKirk wrote: IMO
I yelled at Neil last year at Alex's Pool Party double-header for bringing Romulan Discard. I understand the emotion. You also have to factor in who your opponent is when sorting through those emotions.

If this is a casual player, then take the L and move on. You're a cash money player now Matt, one 'local/online' game doesn't matter.

If this is a Neil-type player, then yell at him the next time you see him in person.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I beg to differ. I played fun-decks all the time during league and lost. I'm not a party-breaker :) . Always tier-1 to -2. Did I complain or accusing opponent of being unfun and indirectly unsportsman? NO. Cause I hate 22nd century-1E nonsense, completely of the line imo or playing their stupid Klingon-solvers in 2E? Didn't complain. It was the first and only time I played tier-1 during league. I'm sorry Matt that it was you, who faced Romulan standard nonsense. On the other handside another league-player seems to be using this as a "training center", complaining about facing weak fun-decks... That is funny :) .

Wie du es machst, du machst es falsch... :)

TK suggested asking for what format, fun or competition, you wanna play in advance. That is a good idea.

Hope you'll still play me. Rogue once called me overambitious cause I used all the cheese 1E could offer at that time at an online tournament. 2 copies of Captured... Lame... Make that 6 the least :) . I'm tired of being seen as a party-breaker whilst Kev is your God. And he probably is, he is one of if not the best. Played him online and he was very nice. But why don't you yell at him??

At least I do not draw 8 cards and use dilemmas from the bottom of my pile... Or insist of examining personnel during a dilemma-check whilst not granting the same (Vlad). Sorry, completely off the line. But could not resist. You see, I want to play as much games online as I can manage. Being called out is a damage of reputation.

I called out Regina BEFORE WORLDS in Germany, she got an errata and thus could not bring a broken Holo-Deck :) . Reporting endlessly.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

6 Combatants!

Matt Kirk-CaptMDKirk VS Sebastian Kirstein-Caretaker's Guest
Markus Eberlein-Eberlems VS Nathan Wineinger-Naetor

BYE Greg Dillon-Latok
DROP Bruce Parrish-Captain Parrish

Please help me to keep this tournament on track by having your results submitted no later than Monday, February 19th.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Bosskamiura wrote:Image

6 Combatants!

Matt Kirk-CaptMDKirk VS Sebastian Kirstein-Caretaker's Guest
Markus Eberlein-Eberlems VS Nathan Wineinger-Naetor

BYE Greg Dillon-Latok

Please help me to keep this tournament on track by having your results submitted no later than Monday, February 19th.

I can drop to make it so Greg doesn't have a bye. I've played a lot of Excelsior already and am going to be at a Game of Thrones tournament this weekend.

Might have to adjust the pairings though:
Matt vs Markus
Greg vs Sebastian
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

6 Combatants!

Nate Wineinger, after Matt Kirk took him by the hand and taught him 2e Excelsior in the last round, has decided to take his ball and go home. NEW PAIRINGS!

Matt Kirk-CaptMDKirk VS Markus Eberlein-Eberlems
Sebastian Kirstein-Caretaker's Guest VS Greg Dillon-Latok

DROP Nathan Wineinger-Naetor

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
eberlems wrote:Matt Kirk-CaptMDKirk VS Markus Eberlein-Eberlems
ML 0 - 75 MW
Some really great dilemma plays from Markus, well done sir.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.