For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The 2010 European Continental Championships are being held in High Wycombe, England, on the weekend of July 24th and 25th.

The announcement article provides details on the venue, the nearest hotel, travel instructions, the First Edition tournament schedule, the Second Edition tournament schedule, and costs.

If you have any questions, please post them here.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've been told that rooms are running out at The Alexandra Hotel. The announcement article has now been updated with two other hotels nearby.

The Belmont Hotel and the Abbey Lodge Hotel both offer similar room rates to the Alexandra hotel, and are both just a few minutes walk away from the Student's Union.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I am. Just waiting to hear back from the Belmont Hotel.

EDIT: Hotel's booked - better build some decks! :thumbsup: :)
Last edited by Danny on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:If people have enough to drink, you could start playing 2E, finish playing 1E, and not even notice the difference... ;-)
From experience, I can say that by the final round, by the time you've reached the end of the seed phase, time will be called. ;)

1e for Biermeister if you got all day (or night). But even then, only the foolhardy would consider trying to keep up with a game of 1e, with all its complexities, with a full tank of grog in you. I wouldn't do it.

The Biermeister was designed for 2e, with quick, simple games that allow you to get to your drinking much faster. Take my advice, they're a lot more fun. :)

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Whatever you do, try and do something crazy-fun with it. There's nothing too lame either. When you're drunk, you'll laugh hysterically at anything even remotely funny...

...or is that just me? :cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
devion wrote:For those with still without a room I recommend Buckingham Annex, via http://www.hostelworld.com if you want to go cheap. :thumbsup:
Good find!

For anyone interested, prices start at £18.50 (€23.65) per person per night for shared rooms. This hotel is approximately 1 mile from the venue.

By Gumbo
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
WBA European championship tournament now up in the tournament pages pre register here any questions post them in this thread
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation