Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
My six and four year olds are both starting to show interest in this game. Thrilled as I am at this development, I don't want to overload them with my 15+ years of tech knowledge and advanced strategies, for fear of turning them off/overwhelming them.

Therefore, I ask the community: What's a good deck to teach the basic mechanics of the game without being too overwhelming?

Ideally this basic deck would also have a chance to win games against more advanced decks since they're also asking about Tournaments.

Any thoughts/advice, especially from those who have taught their kids to play, would be much appreciated.

:cheersL:

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
I taught Constance right before she turned 9, but she was a bright kid. Connor, who has 'global delay', or whatever it's called (I prefer "touch of the Hosp". Which sounds bad, but it means 'really smart, but a little goofy'), so I waited until he was almost 10.

Your kids are still too young for 2E, just stick to Tribbles. And like I always say, if you make them play 1E I'm calling child services for abuse.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:I taught Constance right before she turned 9, but she was a bright kid. Connor, who has 'global delay', or whatever it's called (I prefer "touch of the Hosp". Which sounds bad, but it means 'really smart, but a little goofy'), so I waited until he was almost 10.

Your kids are still too young for 2E, just stick to Tribbles. And like I always say, if you make them play 1E I'm calling child services for abuse.
I had Brianna playing the super-easy extra-simplified 2PG version of 1e when she was three. Given her math skills I think she can handle the basic mechanics of 2e now. What I'm not as sure of is if she can grasp any strategic elements, or more fundamentally, if she can actually manage to shuffle her deck... :P

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
At that age, I would probably make them a couple of simple decks and let them play against each other while you adjudicate.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I'm putting together some decks for the Project Excelsior playtest at Nationals. I'll share them with you when I get them all done. So far they're small, fast and basic.

Sent through subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]