Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Regionals are back! I'm once again keeping score this year - once all the regionals are done, whoever correctly guesses the most winners will get one of those shiny ambassador foils. The same rules as last year apply:
*Disclaimers: Predictions must appear in forum posts, and must be posted prior to the day of the event. No conditional picks! Non-Regional events during Regional season will be used as a tiebreaker.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=9787
GA Regional: 4/1 Marietta, GA
Last Year's Attendance: 9 Players
Last Year's Winner: Greg Hodgin
Preregistered This Year (Ratings in Parentheses): Greg Hodgin (1812), Michael Shea (1723), Nathan Miracle (1715), Will Raiman (1633), Michael Parrish (1577), Michael Schwartz (1548), Duncan McClellan (1404)
My Prediction: Quite the field here; we've got local legend and defending regional winner Greg Hodgin, there's 2015 American National Champion Nathan Miracle, and Michael Shea, who pulled a very close second place the other weekend at NC Masters. My vote, though, must go to long-time friend and raid healer Will Raiman.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=9795
Moscow Regional: 4/2 Moscow, Russia
Last Year's Attendance: 6 Players
Last Year's Winner: Alexey Korolev
Preregistered This Year (Ratings in Parentheses): Andrey Gusev (1886), Nickolay Korotya (1806), Alexey Korolev (1790), Oleg Ryzhikov (1686), Andrey Larin (1637)
My Prediction: The Russian players are a very well-matched group - every one of the pre-registered players has won a regional-or-higher level event, any one of them could take this one down. Alexey Korolev won two out of the three Russian regional+ events in the last year, and I'd consider him the favorite here, though Nickolay won the more recent Russian Nationals, and Gusev's finishes have been consistently high over the last year, even in larger online events.
Last edited by edgeofhearing on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I will NOT be running that Dissident mill deck. No, I have something else up my sleeve for Saturday. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
GooeyChewie wrote:I will NOT be running that Dissident mill deck. No, I have something else up my sleeve for Saturday. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
You're wearing sleeves?

Michael,
Asker of questions that need not be asked

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
The Ninja Scot wrote:You're wearing sleeves?

Michael,
Asker of questions that need not be asked
Of course not. I was referring to my card sleeves.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hodgin and Korotya.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.