Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Regionals are back! I'm once again keeping score this year - once all the regionals are done, whoever correctly guesses the most winners will get one of those shiny ambassador foils. The same rules as last year apply:
*Disclaimers: Predictions must appear in forum posts, and must be posted prior to the day of the event. No conditional picks! Non-Regional events during Regional season will be used as a tiebreaker.

Leaderboard:
2 Points: Ashbey
1 Point: Mogor, KillerB, The Ninja Scot, prylardurden, TReebel, LORE, BCSWowbagger, jadziadax8, Bosskamiura, rsutton41

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=9811
Online Regional #1: 4/8 The Internet, Online
Last Year's Attendance: 20 Players
Last Year's Winner: Oliver Thust
Preregistered This Year (Ratings in Parentheses): Andrey Gusev (1874), Nickolay Korotya (1810), Alexey Korolev (1784), J (1734), Matt Kirk (1605), Jordan Smith (1586), Ted Reebel (1576), Ben Rostoker (1537), Alexander Schmitz (1496), Bruce Parrish (1483)
My Prediction: You! This is the first ever online regional. You could win it. Sign up. Play one game a week. Meet players from everywhere who also love this crazy game. Also, I learned my lesson from last week and am picking Andrey Gusev (also, as long as another Andrey doesn't sign up, you can just use his first name this time).

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=9671
American National: 4/8 Glen Ellyn, IL
Last Year's Attendance: 12 Players
Last Year's Winner: Nathan Miracle
Preregistered This Year (Ratings in Parentheses): Tyler Fultz (1876), John Corbett (1741), Casey Wickum (1733), Al Schaefer (1665), Corbin Johnson (1649), Ben Hosp (1621), Michael Moskop (1603), Steve Nelson (1593), John Paul Veasey (1514), Maggie Geppert (1513), Eric Bieche (1446), Jeremy Huth (1442), Brian Leonard (1358)
My Prediction: Very tough to pick a winner here. Tyler's got a large ratings advantage, and a history of consistent high-level play. I'm personally going to pick local legend Casey Wickum to make a statement here, though he did just take a loss to Al Schaefer this past weekend.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Andrey G and Maggie FTWins

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Online: Alexey

Chicago: Corbett beats Tyler, Tyler beats Schafer, Schafer beats Corbett, so we end up with a three way Charlie Foxtrot that comes down to tiebreakers.

Some friendly pairings from the local TD for both her Tag Team partner and her local boy cause Tyler to be dropped due to SoS which means Schafer wins the head to head over Corbett and keeps the title in the Windy City.

Either that or Casey curb-stomps everybody and makes everybody but Maggie look extra stupid. :P

I'm still going with Al. Corbett will find a way to finish almost-first.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
I can't believe Nate "The Alabama Slamma" Wineinger doesn't have any votes for Chicago yet. Umm, pretty sure he showed up unannounced at Masters a few years ago and claimed gold. Rumor has it he also LOVES singing Karaoke in Chinatown. :shifty:
How can we Interact with a Stopped Ship?

(I personally file "2E did it" in the[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

It wasn’t deemed important at the time.

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]