Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

This Saturday: Will "The Perfect 10" Mike Shea earn a spot in the Manassters Main Event?

Yes
62%
No
38%

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
The Canadian Invasion was all planned, but The Mountie showed up, refused the Undisputed Champion entry and confiscated the WCT Heavyweight Title. Saying they don't allow weapons of mass destruction into their country.

Looking for a Manassters warm-up, he turned to Atlanta....

Seeing an opportunity, "The Perfect 10" Mike Shea challenged The Undisputed Champion to a match. Never backing down from a challenge, "Flawless" John Corbett accepted and stated that if he lost Mike Shea would be in the Main Event at Manassaters, Sponsored by The Process. Afterwards backstage, Local Legend Greg "The Brain" Hodgins approached Mike and offered his services as manager. Reminding Mike, "He said 'if he lost'... he didn't say who he had to lose to..."

Has Mike made a deal with the devil?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:Round 2- Local Legend Greg Hogins loses 100-0. New T'Pol smashed Infestation piles. I also blew up his Vor'cha with two NX-Prototyopes.... because I could.

Local Legends get no mercy.
:lol:

Wait a sec... Is an Infestation pile a thing now? When did that happen?

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Armus wrote:
KillerB wrote:Round 2- Local Legend Greg Hogins loses 100-0. New T'Pol smashed Infestation piles. I also blew up his Vor'cha with two NX-Prototyopes.... because I could.

You have a Hard Time remembering that...

Infestation becomes pretty good when it can't be prevented, it stops two personnel, and it costs 1.

But T'Pol, Overbearing Observer kinda does a number on all that.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:
Armus wrote:

You have a Hard Time remembering that...

Infestation becomes pretty good when it can't be prevented, it stops two personnel, and it costs 1.

But T'Pol, Overbearing Observer kinda does a number on all that.
I get all of that, but the infestations still go under. I start throwing 9 people at missions I can solve with 5 and it gets crowded under there pretty quick. And once there's 5 or 6 under the mission it becomes auto-solve time.

A standard dilemma pile should be able to get 2-3 stops, sometimes 4 per mission. I don't see how an Infestation pile keeps pace even with the mission set help.

And if I'm playing 2 mission win? Look out! That's fewer Infestation opportunities per game when it's already behind the pacing curve.

Maybe somebody at Manassters will educate me, but right now I just don't see it.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote:Greg was going for an achievement, and was asked not to make a Local Legend deck since there was some new(er) players coming.
"It shows you, sooner or later, you must answer for every good deed." - Calvera (Eli Wallach) 'The Magnificent Seven'.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Armus wrote:I get all of that, but the infestations still go under. I start throwing 9 people at missions I can solve with 5 and it gets crowded under there pretty quick. And once there's 5 or 6 under the mission it becomes auto-solve time.

A standard dilemma pile should be able to get 2-3 stops, sometimes 4 per mission. I don't see how an Infestation pile keeps pace even with the mission set help.

And if I'm playing 2 mission win? Look out! That's fewer Infestation opportunities per game when it's already behind the pacing curve.

Maybe somebody at Manassters will educate me, but right now I just don't see it.
Here's a deck with an Infestation pile from Worlds:

https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=36232

The pile is not just "infinite Infestations". There's other stuff in there as well.

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=2480

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I agree with Brian. I'd reckon most dilemma piles work best without being cluttered up by Tribbles. But I've also been told people still care for cards that are not tier 1 competitive.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:I think there still could be a top tier infestation build. If it is out there, like Mr Kinney's, it isn't all-in on infestation. That way you don't just auto-lose against the stop-prevention-heavy builds. I'm thinking maybe 25% infestations, tops.
I have to devote 3 missions to 25% of my dilemma pile? Sad.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]