Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Armus wrote:, but since Nate put me on the under 3.5, it's probably not going to happen.
I don't see you opening that wallet Big Boy. You think that line is going down?
The clause about byes was confusing, so I tried to avoid picks in the 1-2.5 range. I also tried to avoid as many integer number picks as possible since a '4' means you have to choose between 5-1 and 3-3.

I think Phil will win with DS9, and its possible Hosp, Timmons, and Corbett will all fall in the 4 win range. That doesn't leave you with a lot of wins to go around. And the last time you talked about an event you went 2-2. I'm just playing the odds here.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: The clause about byes was confusing.
Is it? Pretty straight forward. They don't count as wins. Where you having trouble?

Neil texted me some questions. I know not everyone is a degenerate like me. It's actually not so much degenerate gambling as growing up reading the sports section every day.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Armus wrote:, but since Nate put me on the under 3.5, it's probably not going to happen.
I don't see you opening that wallet Big Boy. You think that line is going down?
The clause about byes was confusing, so I tried to avoid picks in the 1-2.5 range. I also tried to avoid as many integer number picks as possible since a '4' means you have to choose between 5-1 and 3-3.

I think Phil will win with DS9, and its possible Hosp, Timmons, and Corbett will all fall in the 4 win range. That doesn't leave you with a lot of wins to go around. And the last time you talked about an event you went 2-2. I'm just playing the odds here.
The last time I went 2-2.... *Checks record* You mean the random local in 2015? That's what you based that on?

Ok....

Corbett give my $5 on myself on the over. Apparently I'm not a serious player anymore.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
$1 Parley

Neil Timmons 4.5 OVER
John Corbett 4.5 OVER
Brian Sykes 3.5 OVER
Alexander Schmitz 2.5 UNDER
Josh Sheets 2.5 UNDER
Maggie Geppert 2.5 OVER

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
Armus wrote:The last time I went 2-2.... *Checks record* You mean the random local in 2015? That's what you based that on?

Ok....
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34703&start=2

I'm just going by what you said. Maybe that's my mistake.
Yeah we're talking about the same tournament.

I take random shit to locals. This isn't a local.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Naetor wrote:
Armus wrote:The last time I went 2-2.... *Checks record* You mean the random local in 2015? That's what you based that on?

Ok....
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34703&start=2

I'm just going by what you said. Maybe that's my mistake.
Yeah we're talking about the same tournament.

I take random shit to locals. This isn't a local.
A bunch of buddies playing at one friend's place using their own ban list. You're right, it isn't a local. It's a house game.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Wow. Nice pivot from shitting on me to shitting on HoF. Well played.

Tell me though, what's the difference between this and Excelsior? The fact that you're playing in an Arby's?

Not sure that does a lot for your case.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Wow. Nice pivot from shitting on me to shitting on HoF. Well played.

Tell me though, what's the difference between this and Excelsior? The fact that you're playing in an Arby's?

Hey man, sorry I hurt your feelings on this O/U thread. Let me revise my predictions so no one feels bad:

John Corbett 4.5 OVER
Neil Timmons 4.5 OVER
Phil Schrader 4 OVER
BenHosp 4 OVER
Brian Sykes 3.5 OVER
Alexander Schmitz 2.5 OVER
Josh Sheets 2.5 OVER
Maggie Geppert 2.5 OVER
Ken Brant 2 OVER
Bruce Parrish 2 OVER
Brandy Corbett 1 OVER

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote: The clause about byes was confusing.
Is it? Pretty straight forward. They don't count as wins. Where you having trouble?
Take Josh at 2.5. If I take Under and he goes 2 wins, 3 losses, and 1 bye does it count for 2 wins? Or is my entire bet voided because he got a bye?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
Armus wrote:Wow. Nice pivot from shitting on me to shitting on HoF. Well played.

Hey man, sorry I hurt your feelings on this O/U thread. Let me revise my predictions so no one feels bad:

John Corbett 4.5 OVER
Neil Timmons 4.5 OVER
Phil Schrader 4 OVER
BenHosp 4 OVER
Brian Sykes 3.5 OVER
Alexander Schmitz 2.5 OVER
Josh Sheets 2.5 OVER
Maggie Geppert 2.5 OVER
Ken Brant 2 OVER
Bruce Parrish 2 OVER
Brandy Corbett 1 OVER
You don't hurt my feelings. I'm at my best when people underestimate me. And yeah, I could have a tough day and go 3-3, it's happened before. I just don't think that's the most likely outcome, so I put my money where my mouth is.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: A bunch of buddies playing at one friend's place using their own ban list. You're right, it isn't a local. It's a house game.
You do the same thing online. You're literally playing the games in your house.

That house is made of glass by the way...

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Take Josh at 2.5. If I take Under and he goes 2 wins, 3 losses, and 1 bye does it count for 2 wins? Or is my entire bet voided because he got a bye?
You would win that bet.

You're thinking too hard. Over/Under... wins. That's it. I don't overcomplicate things like Excelsior RPG.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I updated my parley play based on a hot tip I got that Lord Timmons has to evict some serfs from his Fiefdom that day.

By ntimmons (Neil Timmons)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:I updated my parley play based on a hot tip I got that Lord Timmons has to evict some serfs from his Fiefdom that day.
don't get too excited, some very unexpected things happened which I will not elaborate upon. You may end up dropping a game to Lord Timmons after all.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]