Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
We've already looked at this card. Below find the original post.

[Dom] 4 •Remata'Klan, Unit Leader
[Cmd] Jem'Hadar
•Exobiology •Honor •Leadership •Officer •Security
When this personnel is an eligible target for a random selection, you may exclude another [Dom] personnel present from that selection.
Tournament Promo - Series XIII
Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 8
0 VP 173

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=3726

Negatives: 4 Cost.

Positives: 5 Skills and very strong Attributes. Can exclude another [Dom] personnel from random selection.

Thoughts: Have you met Remata'Klan and his good friend Arak'Taral, Suspicious Second? They are the dynamic duo of the Dominion and ought to be in every Dominion deck. Even if you aren't doing Strength missions they ought to be in every Dominion deck. For the simple reason that excluding a [Dom] personnel from random selection can end up saving the game for the [Dom] player. And this isn't just random selection when facing a dilemma. Anytime he's an eligible target with other personnel he can exclude personnel from things like Pseudopod , Assassination Plot or Survey New World. When facing dilemmas Arak'Taral can exclude him from An Issue of Trust, but he's often the first target your opponent will select for Secret Identity. 9 out of 10.

Notes: As a child Phil Morris (Remata'Klan) appeared in the Original Series episode "Miri" and has appeared a total of 5 times throughout various Star Treks. But you might know him best as Jackie Chiles on Seinfield declaring "Oh, and by the way, they're real and they're spectacular!"

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
Remata'klan is the definition of a 10/10. I've used him and his bro Arak'Taral on multiple occasions to confuse the hell out Neil, which I always enjoy. The creation of Mobilization Points just vaulted him even higher in my book.

Pat, one note: Unfortunately Arak'Taral cannot exclude Remata'Klan from An Issue of Trust, since Arak'Taral is not eligible for the random selection.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
pschrader wrote:
Pat, one note: Unfortunately Arak'Taral cannot exclude Remata'Klan from An Issue of Trust, since Arak'Taral is not eligible for the random selection.
Good catch. The player will just have to use something like Explicit Orders to have Arak gain Treachery or Honor and make him an eligible target.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
bortz65 wrote:
pschrader wrote:
Good catch. The player will just have to use something like Explicit Orders to have Arak gain Treachery or Honor and make him an eligible target.
Shroud 'em. Save the Orders for skill dilemmas.

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

No, because the set was released yesterday, so the[…]

New Tribbles set Bad Moon

Why has no one confirmed the obvious. [Trob] […]