For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.

By ununtrium
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi!
I remember vaguely that Decipher might have reprinted the premium cards found in Starter Deck II cards with a copyright date 2000. These Starter Deck II versions were supposed to be found in the AGT box set.

Has anyone ever seen Start Deck II premium cards with such copyright date? If so, do you know where completionists like me can still find these starter decks?

Many thanks!!!

By ununtrium
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Many, many thanks to Whoisme for trading me a sealed Starter Deck II!

I received the starter deck and thought, "oh no, the copyright on the box says (c)1998." The packaging actually DOES state that copyright date. That is why no seller can actually list these reprints online. They simply can't tell the difference from the outside!!!

I opened the starter deck and found the (c)2000 premium cards inside. You can imagine how happy - and how thankful - I am now. My collection is now complete, at last!

I did not film the opening of the starter deck, but you can trust me - there is no way whatsoever to tell the (c)1998 and (c) 2000 versions of the SD2 apart from the outside.

I guess, you have to find a reliable person like Whoisme who provides you with a starter deck from a 2nd Anthology or an AGT box or you open a lot of Reflections boosters (as the (c)2000 premiums are said to be found in there) or you open a lot of Starter Deck II boxes to try and happen upon the reprints...

I'd say that those (c)2000 version hold a certain trade value for the completionist collector, but that is just me...

I will try to upload a couple of pictures of the (c)2000 premiums ASAP.

Cheers everyone!

By Whoeisme
 -  
I won't lie as soon as I sent them out I started to think I should have opened the box before i sent it as I was worried that while they came out of a 2nd Ant box did there person who packed them might have packed the the wrong starter box. I am so relived that everything worked out and thanks for the cards you sent as well.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]