For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.

By gregsisko (gregsisko)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi everyone.

I hope this is the right forum for this sort of question.

I’m now in possession of at least 10,000 Star Trek CCG cards. Most from 1E, maybe 2000 from 2E.

I’ve been trying to figure out the “best” way to organize them in boxes and binders, and wanted to know if anyone had any tips.

I started by organizing them all by expansion, and putting them in the order they should be in according to the card lists. Duplicates are all side by side. Then, I bought binders and sleeve sheets, and started assembling “complete” sets. So, if I’m missing a card, I leave a space in the sheet for where it should go. And I only put one copy of each card into those collections. I’m done that now. I’m missing a few key rares from almost every set, but at least I can see the holes and know exactly what I need.

Now though I’d like to have the remaining duplicates organized in some way that makes them ideal for building physical decks from what I have. And it occurs to me that having them sorted into their expansions might not be the best way to group them or find them, for deck building purposes.

Is anyone in this boat? Has anyone come up with a clever organizational system that works well for them? I’d love to hear the approaches taken by others.

Thanks
Greg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I sort all my 2E cards in plastic baseball card boxes. I sort by card type (breaking down dilemmas by space, planet and dual and Feds by faction). Then I sort by title and subtitle. I keep all my foils in 9-pocket pages in a binder. I use rule booklets to separate out the stacks of cards and protect them from rubbing against the box dividers.

I put my 1E cards in binders with the same system back in ‘02 when Decipher stopped producing the game.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By gregsisko (gregsisko)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I sort all my 2E cards in plastic baseball card boxes. I sort by card type (breaking down dilemmas by space, planet and dual and Feds by faction).
Okay. I’ve got several boxes. One with 5 columns. But that’s a bit unwieldy. Two with 4 columns. 2 with 2 columns. And 3 second anthology boxes.

I’m most interested in your dilemma sorting strategy. So, you group dilemmas from all expansions together? But group space/planet/space-planet?

What does “Feds by faction” mean?
jadziadax8 wrote:Then I sort by title and subtitle. I keep all my foils in 9-pocket pages in a binder. I use rule booklets to separate out the stacks of cards and protect them from rubbing against the box dividers.

I put my 1E cards in binders with the same system back in ‘02 when Decipher stopped producing the game.
Sort by title and subtitle. Do you just ignore the expansion they come from? What about grouping ships and facilities with personel from the same affiliation?

What about grouping events and such by the concept of what they do? Or would that be less useful than just having them in alphabetical order so you can find one that you know by name?

Greg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Yeah, I ignore expansion completely when I sort my cards. I have all my space dilemmas grouped together alphabetically.

Feds by faction means I have my [Fed] personnel grouped by [TNG], [DS9], [TOS] etc. so that I don’t need to sort through Benjamin Sisko and Jean-Luc Picard when I’m building a Voyager deck and need Kathryn Janeway.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !