Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yesterday, I was thinking about the various decks I had been using and, give or take, they were all fairly similar. So I decided I needed to make two new decks.

Deck 1: Thats Not The Right Number

Depending on the number of players in a pod or the type of decks being played (I know, some of them are my fault), you can land on the same number a lot. A LOT. I decided to make a deck that changed the expected denomination for the next player. I only really used about 7 powers:

Advance (10 or 10K) - any time the chain breaks, set someone up with a new option.
Cheat 1K - you could ignore a 100
Famine 1K - To activate the power or not? Tough call.
Dabo 100K - They activate 2 powers, this is it. I could have put the 1K option in but I already had that denomination taken care of and, duh, Big Money.
Clone 1R, 100S, 10K, 100K - Playing the same number as the player before you may throw off the timing. The Reverse and Skip options are sometimes helpful as well.

It was an interesting deck to play and (except for my skewing towards large numbers - I cant help it) kept the pod from getting stuck as best it could. There are times it just doesnt work out. With no 'in round' scoring options, if you don't go out, you could likely get shut out.

Deck 2: IDIClone

This was a likely bad idea from the start. I never really cared for IDIC (I'm not sure why) and making a deck that the maximum number from an IDIC score is a 5 powers seems like a waste. I am all about making decks that don't work (see 1E, 2E, Tribbles, other games, etc.).

1 Clone & Reverse - It was a Clone, it goes in. Also, its a 1 and its just entertaining.
100 Clone & Skip - the Skip portion was not always activated (sometimes but not always).
10K Clone - It's a Clone and Masaka-Safe (play it after one, not like keep it in hand or anything).
100K Clone - Clone and this card is one of the best in the game.
1 IDIC - Because this was part of my bad idea.
100K Antidote - Hardly ever played (even on straight 100K) to keep them quiet and will catch someone if they start hitting you up for the 100K Clones.

Again, except for my skewing towards higher denominations (its just me), you can play on just about every number with only a few different cards in hand. You will give up a lot of points (again, only Antidote as a possible 'in round' score) and your IDIC will never net you more than 50K.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:This is why I like playing Tribbles - you don't have to win to have a lot of fun.
True. The only time I find myself not having fun is when I'm next to a guy with an achievement deck. Then I'm stuck a lot on the same number it seems. But there's an app for that, Bah!, so I can't complain too much.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:This is why I like playing Tribbles - you don't have to win to have a lot of fun.
True. The only time I find myself not having fun is when I'm next to a guy with an achievement deck. Then I'm stuck a lot on the same number it seems. But there's an app for that, Bah!, so I can't complain too much.
I know what you mean. John and I were caught between two skip-reverse players last tournament. Some rounds we didn't even get four cards in our play pile. If it weren't for Party, it would have been very boring.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
T-Ricks wrote:
KillerB wrote:
I know what you mean. John and I were caught between two skip-reverse players last tournament. Some rounds we didn't even get four cards in our play pile. If it weren't for Party, it would have been very boring.
Solution: Bah!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
T-Ricks wrote:Solution: Bah!

Says one of the skip-reverse players! :shifty:
kinda figured he was one of them :P

By TReebel (Ted Reebel)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
T-Ricks wrote:
KillerB wrote:
And this coming from One of the two people who actually finished first or second in said tournament. :)
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
TReebel wrote: And this coming from One of the two people who actually finished first or second in said tournament. :)
Actually, John finished first and I finished second. Go figure. Tribbles are so crazy! :o
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation