This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
This article appeared on the Decipher website:

Fajo Update

-----------
Rich Loftus
Web Writer
-----------

September 26 1997 - You can count on our constant communication about the upcoming Star Trek Customizable Card Game Fajo Collection. Let us share what we know, so that you can begin to plan for the special Fajo Collection's projected November release.

The 18 cards of this set are now in the final approval stages. The Eccentric Order hopes to be able to begin taking orders mid-to-late October.

Decipher will begin unveiling the 18 cards late next week. The first of the cards to be revealed is, according to Q, Tallera, a personnel card. You'll love her versatility. More, we cannot say.

And, you can expect that there will be a contest. Isn't it time that Star Trek Customizable Card Game players had a good contest, with a prize as special as a Fajo Collection set?

Decipher appreciates your patience and your enthusiasm for The Fajo Collection. It will take your breath away!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I remember being so happy when I got mine, thinking these cards were going to be SUPER valuable one day and now I had my set.

Wish now that I had that same urgency with getting a set of All Good Things before it was too late... :(
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Kaiser wrote:Question to those who played competitively back in the day: How much did Tallera having the Fed icon, in addition to Romulan and NA, really matter? Was there any kind of strategy that relied on using her in Fed mode?
I suppose it allowed her to mission steal with non-aligned based decks but that's the only use I had for her icon back in the day.

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Kaiser wrote:Question to those who played competitively back in the day: How much did Tallera having the Fed icon, in addition to Romulan and NA, really matter? Was there any kind of strategy that relied on using her in Fed mode?
I don't recall ever seeing her in fed mode.

IIRC, the theory was you could build a [NA] deck and use her to attempt (or even steal) [Fed] missions, but it was always one of those theoretical decks that never actually got built.

If anything, it's more viable now because of Mercenary Raiders and Followers of the One creating viable [NA] options that just didn't exist in the PAQ era.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote:
I suppose it allowed her to mission steal with non-aligned based decks but that's the only use I had for her icon back in the day.

Michael
Yep - and I saw it done ONCE in casual play. IIRC, First Contact was recently released - that player lost the game against a Borg player, but he took a lot of pride in the fact that he was able to pull off an odd-ball mission steal.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Klauser wrote:
-----------
Rich Loftus
Web Writer
-----------
Rich Loftus was one of the coolest cat's to work at Decipher, and one of my favorite people to have met through this silly game.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I assembled my Fajo Collection one at a time. Man, that was a slog! One of my local guys had serious cash reserves and bought something like 10 of them, so I could at least get the binder and all accompanying stuff from him, at a cost.

By girot
 -  
It took 20 years, but I finally got my mine. Part of me is disappointed they are so easy to find, most of me is grateful they aren't as costly as AGT seems to be. :)

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Someday I should really go and see if I can get one of these. I have the Premiere Tin but not the Fajo collection and I'm not entirely sure how that happened.
(I also have the official Premiere guide book, but I was too late to get the promo Data's Head from it... sigh)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Hill's sells the Fajo Collection (cards only) for $20. You won't get bubblegum or the actual business card, but you'll have the cards.

They also have sealed versions for $35. Still less than half of what I paid in the day.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.