This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which story for Dax should we turn into a personnel?

Kira Lela
No votes
0%
Tobin O'Brien
No votes
0%
Leeta Emony
18%
Quark Audrid
2%
Torias Bashir
No votes
0%
Joran Sisko
36%
Curzon Odo
36%
Jadzia (Incomplete)
9%

By RouterPlaner (Sam)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
frakkingoff wrote:Serial killers are pretty unique in Star Trek

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
RouterPlaner wrote:

By RouterPlaner (Sam)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Everybody's thinking it so I'm just going to say it: we need form a coalition with the Curzons to push through a compromise Audrid.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
RouterPlaner wrote:Everybody's thinking it so I'm just going to say it: we need form a coalition with the Curzons to push through a compromise Audrid.
RouterPlaner is holding Curzon hostage to push Audrid through at the expense of the players! SAD! #RouterPlanerShutdown

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:
RouterPlaner wrote:
First off there are how many personnel in STCCG? Two personnel who are serial killers (note that Suder only killed one person that we know of, outside of Kazon and Cardassians which were arguably justifiable) still makes them pretty unique. Also, Chu'lak shouldn't count anyway because he is 2E and soon that will be irrelevant to 1E. Heck it's already irrelevant since he isn't backwards compatible.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:First off there are how many personnel in STCCG? Two personnel who are serial killers (note that Suder only killed one person that we know of, outside of Kazon and Cardassians which were arguably justifiable) still makes them pretty unique. Also, Chu'lak shouldn't count anyway because he is 2E and soon that will be irrelevant to 1E. Heck it's already irrelevant since he isn't backwards compatible.
The discussion was about serial killers in Star Trek, not STCCG (either edition).

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
RouterPlaner wrote:Everybody's thinking it so I'm just going to say it: we need form a coalition with the Curzons to push through a compromise Audrid.
Actually Curzon is losing to Joran at the time of this reply.

~D
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Armus wrote:Gotta push for Emony.

DS9 McCoy
Hands of a Surgeon

So many possibilities! Get on board now and let's make it happen!
This won me over. It is too perfect. Plus, a new Leeta would be cool.

I will make an argument against Lela and Curzon though. They are both "done" and old news. We know they will be converted. Let's all make something new together as a group.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Making my case for Curzon: Sisko was inhabited by Joran only briefly, and that was everyone's plan at every point. He's not a guy that anyone would have let out of anywhere to go on missions.

Once Curzon was in Odo, he wanted to stay. He/they had to be talked into separating again, and he/they would have persisted in that form if he/they had decided to. Moreover, the form he took was actually Curzon (yes, it was Rene who plays Odo, but the implication was that this was a successful full shape-shift into Curzon's likeness). If I were making the card, I would even make it Trill species, just a version of Odo because it bodily replaced him.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
commdecker wrote:Making my case for Curzon: Sisko was inhabited by Joran only briefly, and that was everyone's plan at every point. He's not a guy that anyone would have let out of anywhere to go on missions.

Once Curzon was in Odo, he wanted to stay. He/they had to be talked into separating again, and he/they would have persisted in that form if he/they had decided to. Moreover, the form he took was actually Curzon (yes, it was Rene who plays Odo, but the implication was that this was a successful full shape-shift into Curzon's likeness). If I were making the card, I would even make it Trill species, just a version of Odo because it bodily replaced him.
I would disagree. Curzon Odo is a shape-shifter with both the memories of both Curzon Dax and Odo (similar to Tuvix).

From Memory Alpha:
“During Jadzia's zhian'tara, Odo claimed the personality and memories of Curzon. During this time, Odo's shapeshifting abilities caused him to even look like Curzon- indeed, the Guardian speculated that Odo's shapeshifting abilities essentially allowed him to 'join' with Curzon much like a symbiont would with a host- and Curzon was able to reunite with Benjamin Sisko.”

Curzon Odo (if made) should be a persona of both Odo and Curzon Dax (broken link!)

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote:Making my case for Curzon: Sisko was inhabited by Joran only briefly, and that was everyone's plan at every point. He's not a guy that anyone would have let out of anywhere to go on missions.
Both give options for interesting cards. On that point, Joran did almost escape. If he had a better plan than try to strangle Jadzia then he may have.

Curzon and Joran were the only two that tried to manipulate Jadzia and showed desire to escape as independent characters. (They were also the only two who weren't in super dark low fire light as well.)
Jono wrote:Curzon Odo (if made) should be a persona of both Odo and Curzon Dax (broken link!)
Yeah, Odo and Curzon were the only one where the personalities joined. The trill guardian guy said it was unique because of his shape-shifting. Rene also did a great job amalgamating the characters, and occasionally going back to Odo.

But I think any original versions of the past Dax's would be [1E-AU] anyways, there shouldn't be a conflicting present day Curzon Dax persona.

By Zef'No
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In the episode, it said it was "as if Odo and Curzon have been joined".

From what we know about Trill from the unimaginatively titled first season episode "Dax" and elsewhere, a joined trill becomes a new entity.

"Curzon Odo" is not Curzon and not Odo, but a new individual with elements of both.

If this is the card the gets picked, it should be the character depicted in the episode Facets played by René Auberjonois. We are not creating a card of Curzon Dax (although one could be created one day from his appearance in Emissary). So, I would argue against any specific Klingon stuff being included since that was not present in the episode.

Making "Curzon Odo" [Kli] would make as much sense as making Ezri Dax [Kli]
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
frakkingoff wrote:Curzon's connection to Klingon culture was very much part of his identity and spirit - there's no reason any incarnation of him shouldn't incorporate that.
There are ways to include that without using affiliation.

-crp

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.