This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 129 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
It's been quite a while, but I have still been working on this, and am very close (should be within a week) to having Version 2.0 of the 1E Inventory Spreadsheet finished.

I actually had to download the file of 1.0 to remind myself of all the changes. Here's the list of what's coming:

* Due to the new universal printability rules, Columns B and C have gone from tracking "Original" and "Reprint" to "Physical" and "Proxy". Because of this, Alternate Border cards from Voyager onwards get their own line in the spreadsheet. Their card number and set number will receive an increment of .5 to note that they are the alternate border that would be marked with * on the card itself. For example, B'Elanna Torres from the Voyager set is card #1898 of 1E and #115 of Voyager. Her alternate Non-Aligned Border card is listed as #1898.5 and #115.5. This should keep cards straight during any sorting you do.

As a side note, the new printability rule actually made it easier for me on this project because now I don't have to keep a separate page on legally printable proxies.

* All cards that have one now list what property logo is on the card.

* New column: Subtype. In this column, you'll get notifications of whether a dilemma or mission is Planet, Space or Dual; if a card is a Captain's Order, [Bar] icons, [Orb] icons, [Rule] cards, [OS] icons and [CF] icons.

* New column: Faction. In this column, you'll get notifications of cards that are [BO], [Maq], [KCA] or [TE] (or both those last two.)

* New column: HA. Which cards have a [HA] icon?

* New column: Ref. Which cards have a [Ref] icon?

* Affiliation: Affiliation information on Missions is entered.

* Universality: Cards that have a ❖ icon will have their lines italicized.

* Virtual Card Info Added: Virtual Promos will get their own tab, and the rest of the Virtual cards will be on a 3rd tab.Obviously for virtual cards, there will be only 1 inventory column.

What remains to be done before release:

* Universality italicization needs done from Trouble with Tribbles to All Good Things (not sure there were any universals in Enterprise Collection)

* Card info entered from The Motion Pictures to

* Property logo info entered from All Good Things to Enterprise Collection.

* Virtual Promo info added for VP 81-92 and VP 95.

* Virtual card info added for The Sky's The Limit through Homefront V.

What's in the future:

I intend to be regular with updates when VPs become printable and new virtual sets are released. I would like to add 2E BC cards as a 4th tab.

What's not in:

I'm still not tracking foils, border color or Premiere Alpha/Beta separately. If that's something that's important to you, it would be pretty easy to add. I also didn't see much demand for listing on the sheet how many points are in a point box.

But, yeah, this should be out soon, and you'll be able to sort and track your collection in a ton of ways.
Last edited by Boffo97 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
As a quick update on this project, I'm close to completion:

Physical cards are done.

Virtual Promos are done.

Virtual cards through Homefront IV are done.

All that's left is Emissary, Emissary-Supplemental and Homefront V.

As a note that was funny to me at least... line 666 in the Virtual cards tab ended up being the entry for The One.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Were the rarities derived from the 1E database? From chance forays I think some might instead be: The Naked Truth (C), 211th Rule of Acquisition (C), and Dabo (U).

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I know I'm late, but real life stuff popped up.

Now that I've hammered down all the real life stuff to stop getting in the way of my purty Star Trek cards, I'm pleased as Kretasian Punch to announce that 1E Inventory Spreadsheet 2.0 is HERE:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31822673/STCCG.xls

You should be able to dope out how it works from previous messages in this thread, but I will happily answer any questions.

One random note that affected the way I designed the spreadsheet: Are scanned and printed Alternate Image cards from the Trouble with Tribbles starters legal proxies? I assumed that even if they were, not many people would bother making proxies of them... or of White Border Premiere cards.

Special thanks to wixiban.com, Memory Alpha, The Star Trek Continuing Committee, and all the wonderful users here who have been helpful and patient.

Note: If you don't care about tracking foils and white borders and such separately, the sheet is designed so that you can track all the physical cards from the first sheet. But now for those who want to track everything, the option is there.

If you spot any kinds of errors, let me know, and I can make a quick change. Dropbox is nice like that.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Inventory Spreadsheet updated to v2.0.1

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31822673/STCCG.xls

Changelog: Added Warp Pack: Emissary cards (a little asleep at the wheel not to do this sooner. Sorry, guys!)

To manually update from v2.0 spreadsheet:

Download new spreadsheet to a different location from the old spreadsheet and open both spreadsheets. Go to sheet named "1E Virtual" in both sheets. Copy lines 885-890 from new spreadsheet to old spreadsheet. Save old spreadsheet. Delete new spreadsheet.

Go to kitchen. Cut yourself a slice of pie. Enjoy delicious pie.

By starry
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Wanted to say thanks for this! Most comprehensive one I've seen. It'll take me a while to organize out all my 1e - maybe you'll have 2e input by then!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
starry wrote:Wanted to say thanks for this! Most comprehensive one I've seen. It'll take me a while to organize out all my 1e - maybe you'll have 2e input by then!
Thanks for the kind words. I consider grateful players to be payment in full for my efforts. :)

I don't know when the 2E BC cards will be input, but the nice thing with the 2.x form of the spreadsheet is that when I am done, it should be simple to add it onto your existing sheet.

BTW everyone, I would really advise that when you download the spreadsheet, you change its name to something else. That way, when you download updated forms of the spreadsheet, there won't be any danger of accidentally overwriting the version of the spreadsheet with your info in it.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
With The Maquis almost being upon us (BATTLESTATIONS!!!), I've delved into the spreadsheet again to not only add new cards, but officially start work on version 2.1, adding in 2EBC cards.

2E Premiere is done, which was a significant portion of the work itself, since the percentage of 2E cards really starts tapering off in later sets.

I'm doing the work in the live version since very few changes were made to the portions of the sheet already done. Those changes involve adding parenthetical set notations on Quark (Emissary), Riva (Premiere), and Kasidy Yates (RoA), to differentiate them from cards in other sets with the same title.

Also, with 2E cards, I am not including cards that have already been converted and will be deleting cards from the list as they are converted. While converted cards can still be played in 1E and treated as errata'ed cards, I would presume most people would simply print out the converted version.

Also, I'm not listing which cards are [DS9] and [TNG] since those icons mean next to nothing in 1E, and are too easily confused with [1E-DS9] and [1E-TNG].

You can peek in on my work by redownloading the sheet here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31822673/STCCG.xls

Be sure not to overwrite the version of the spreadsheet you're actually keeping track of your cards in.
Last edited by Boffo97 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I just finished an inventory using V1.0 of the spreadsheet. Any tips on migrating from 1.0 to the most recent version?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BCSWowbagger wrote:I just finished an inventory using V1.0 of the spreadsheet. Any tips on migrating from 1.0 to the most recent version?
1.0 migration will be a little difficult, but not impossible. What I would do is copy your main inventory column over to the new sheet, then go through it, and every time you find one of the dual affiliation alternate print cards from Voyager onwards, insert a cell to push the rest of the numbers down, then put the number of alternate border cards you have in the new cell.

Keep doing that, and you should eventually push all the numbers down to their correct boxes without having to reinventory.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Data's Socks wrote:Were the rarities derived from the 1E database? From chance forays I think some might instead be: The Naked Truth (C), 211th Rule of Acquisition (C), and Dabo (U).
Hi Data's Socks,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. When I first saw your message, I told myself I'd look into what the issue was and then it slipped my mind.

Yes, the rarities in my sheet are taken from the rarities on this site. But according to the rules supplements sheets I have found, you are right. I'll make a mention of it in the thread for Database Help.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Quick question that came up while entering 2EBC personnel.

Am I correct that by the conversion rules, personnel like Fifth, Neonatal Drone and Second, Neonatal Drone would convert as Alpha Quadrant personnel, even though we know by Trek Sense that they should be Delta Quadrant personnel?

Since the only thing I know of that makes 2EBC personnel have [1E-DQ] after conversion is having the [Voy] icon, and these [Bor] personnel don't have that.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Conversion Rules wrote:Borg affiliation cards –
All Borg affiliation cards are treated as if they had a [1E-DQ] icon.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]