This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
When the Core Block Cardlist was first proposed, I asked the announced (I think Smiley, but I'm not 100% sure of that) if that meant that when the list was put into action that one could use any printing of any card on that list, whether virtual or Decipher printed, and he answered yes.

But, looking at the cardlist, only one version of each card is mentioned, and alternate printings of cards on that list are not considered block legal.

Is this something not yet implemented or was a decision changed or something like that?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
eberlems wrote:Terran Empire is missing 2 alternate Image cards
42*V Commander T'Pol
48*V Crewman Soval
Those alternate images are included on the alternate image page of Live Long and Prosper.

By adf8
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Any chance the outstanding episode names will be added to LLaP and that conversions (e.g., Strange New Worlds) will be updated as errata and have the 2E pictures changed?

Thank you!
-Alan

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:
eberlems wrote:Terran Empire is missing 2 alternate Image cards
42*V Commander T'Pol
48*V Crewman Soval
Those alternate images are included on the alternate image page of Live Long and Prosper.
Yes, but sine the image files exist, can they be put up on the Terran Empire page like all other alt-image cards so we don't have to dig deep into a .pdf to find them?

Also, without them actually up as usable cards, they're not available for the deck builders.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
How was it determined that the preview Seven of Nine has its image drawn from "Scorpion, Part II" while the black-border version has its image drawn from "Scorpion, Part I"?

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:How was it determined that the preview Seven of Nine has its image drawn from "Scorpion, Part II" while the black-border version has its image drawn from "Scorpion, Part I"?
Because they were entered by people, and people aren't perfect?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Cards on the Block Core Cardlist do not show up as being legal in Block. This affects both the search engine and the deckbuilder, which will tell me that my deck is illegal because it contains, for example, Assimilated Vessel. The workaround for the search engine is to use Expansion = Enterprise-Block instead of using Card Pool Legality = Block.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:The workaround for the search engine is to use Expansion = Enterprise-Block instead of using Card Pool Legality = Block.
Actually that doesn't work either, since Mirror sets don't show up under Enterprise-Block even though DS9 sets show up under Mirror Block.

I think it will work if you do two searches, one for Card Pool Legality = Block and one for Card Pool Legality = Block Core Cardlist?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Well, (1) I'd better go fix that, (2) I'd better go rebuild my deck for the Block event this weekend! :o :o

UPDATE: half-fixed. The Enterprise-Block search option is working correctly now and including the Mirror Block sets. (There was a typo in the search form: it said 'mirror' and should have said 'mu' in a crucial WHERE clause.)

Getting the Card Pool search to correctly include both Block and the Block Core List is giving me some trouble, because the Card Pool search relies on a binary encoding scheme I've not yet managed to decipher.
 -  
Community Contributor
Okay, check my work, but I'm pretty sure this is 100% fixed now.

EDIT: No, wait, forgot deck builder is still complaining about cards on the block core list. Will take a look... tomorrow.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Well, (1) I'd better go fix that, (2) I'd better go rebuild my deck for the Block event this weekend! :o :o

UPDATE: half-fixed. The Enterprise-Block search option is working correctly now and including the Mirror Block sets. (There was a typo in the search form: it said 'mirror' and should have said 'mu' in a crucial WHERE clause.)

Getting the Card Pool search to correctly include both Block and the Block Core List is giving me some trouble, because the Card Pool search relies on a binary encoding scheme I've not yet managed to decipher.
These are the kinds of emails i send at work that i think explains why i did certain things and noone understands.
Me: "I had to disable the Blue Moon Special in the Beverage program because the item .swf file isn't mapping correctly to the terminal display, covering all selectable buttons except X." Boss: "Why did you take the Blue Moon Special down?" Me: "... It didn't work right." Boss: "Fix it please."
 -  
Community Contributor
To be fair, comments are mainly for future developers, and when the site was built there were no plans for anyone but Maelwys to ever work on it.

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]