This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
frakkingoff wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:...because the Card Pool search relies on a binary encoding scheme I've not yet managed to decipher.
Comment your code!
Actually, I'm pretty sure the binary encoding is commented in at least 2 places, because otherwise I'd forget myself. ;-) It just might be commented in a shorthand that nobody but me understands...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Maelwys wrote:
frakkingoff wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:...because the Card Pool search relies on a binary encoding scheme I've not yet managed to decipher.
Comment your code!
Actually, I'm pretty sure the binary encoding is commented in at least 2 places, because otherwise I'd forget myself. ;-) It just might be commented in a shorthand that nobody but me understands...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Also, comments work better for "why" than "what". (Speaking as someone who has had to decode past-me's crappy comments.)
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Well, I never found the comments, but Deckbuilder is fixed now. The code is hideous but it'll get me through this weekend's last-minute Block deckbuilding. (I kept a backup in case I think of a simpler solution.)

(P.S. Maelwys, why not make the cards on the Block Core List block-legal, rather than making it its own entirely separate thing? If "WHERE legality&8=8" worked for both Block and Block Core List, all your original code would work without alteration. But I figured there was probably a reason for the separation, so I avoided editing the cards in the database and just worked around it.)

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Well, I never found the comments, but Deckbuilder is fixed now. The code is hideous but it'll get me through this weekend's last-minute Block deckbuilding. (I kept a backup in case I think of a simpler solution.)
Thanks for your efforts in fixing this. One other bug report: The "view deck" page doesn't show that a Block deck is legal in the Block Card Pool even though the deckbuilder page does: https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=16850

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
The database text for Holographic Settlement specifies "your Yaderan colony," but the card does not specify "your".

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Based on 1E Kira's lore it looks like it's a conversion. I'm not sure how to flag that though so we'll have to wait for Maelwys....
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
It is a conversion of Blockade Commander.

Here in the waning days of 2E backwards compatibility, I'm not certain how carefully the block converted cards list is being kept up (not my department), but Warp Pack Kira === 10 U 54.

By adf8
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
adf8 wrote:Any chance the outstanding episode names will be added to LLaP and that conversions (e.g., Strange New Worlds) will be updated as errata and have the 2E pictures changed?

Thank you!
-Alan
Just out of curiosity, who owns this and could you use any help?

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]