This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:General: The old "Khan-related personnel" tag is redundant now that we have the new "Khan-related card" tag. The former should be discontinued. (It looks sloppy to have both on Khan-related personnel cards.)
As I mentioned in another thread, the two tags have different requirements (one only looks at lore, the other looks at title or lore). I'm not happy with it either, but because the designers chose to use different wording I didn't have much choice in the matter. Maybe we can get the errata team to update Revenge to the newer wording, then we can get rid of the double categories.
jrch5618 wrote:Virus-Related Dilemmas:
Not sure if Microvirus counts as virus-related for it doesn't have the word 'virus' by itself - but the word 'microvirus'. Same with Yuta and The Vengeance Factor which are not listed - either all should be added or not. (Probably not.)

On the other side, the following should be added: Aphasia Device, Difficult Disposal, Nanobiogeni Fugitives, No Loose Ends, and Pawns of the Military itself.

... wait, why was Aphasia Device specifically called out on Pawns of the Military? It _is_ a virus-related dilemma.
You should ask the Designers about that in the Q&A thread. ;-)
Basically, there were some VERY last minute changes to the definition of "virus-related" that left me with an out-of-date tag, and left them with a redundant mention on the card.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Maelwys wrote:Any changes that you can do with the edit option (editing the actual fields) are better done there, just because it's easier for me to click "approve" than to make the change manually. But any changes to fields that you don't have edit access to it doesn't really matter, because I need to do it manually anyway (as long as you include a link to the card if you're posting the changes in this thread).
When I use the edit option, it always seems unclear to me whether my proposed changes were recorded or not. It'd be nice if some sort of confirmation could be programmed in.

By adf8
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
adf8 wrote:
adf8 wrote:Any chance the outstanding episode names will be added to LLaP and that conversions (e.g., Strange New Worlds) will be updated as errata and have the 2E pictures changed?

Thank you!
-Alan
Just out of curiosity, who owns this and could you use any help?
Nothing, huh...well, nice to see some of the 2EBC stuff is getting updated... There are still a bunch missing (Syrran) and tons of missing episode names

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
The Homefront II printing of Service the Collective has its image listed as being from Star Trek: First Contact, even though its property logo is TNG.

-  
So is anyone tracking the lore differences that remain between reprints just in case they become relevant some day? For instance, Deanna Troi from First Contact and her VP reprint have a different final sentence.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:So is anyone tracking the lore differences that remain between reprints just in case they become relevant some day? For instance, Deanna Troi from First Contact and her VP reprint have a different final sentence.
At this point, I think it's only relevant if there's a personnel named in lore in one version but not in another. Any personnel name in lore is now relevant due to Dramatis Personae and possibly Temporal Benefactor (with a side of Mask of Korgano).

-  
jrch5618 wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:So is anyone tracking the lore differences that remain between reprints just in case they become relevant some day? For instance, Deanna Troi from First Contact and her VP reprint have a different final sentence.
At this point, I think it's only relevant if there's a personnel named in lore in one version but not in another. Any personnel name in lore is now relevant due to Dramatis Personae and possibly Temporal Benefactor (with a side of Mask of Korgano).
Which is why I asked "in case they become relevant some day". I'm not saying that they need to be fixed now, just that I hope someone's tracking what differences remain.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yes.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Terran Empire

[Evt] Loyal Subordinate - needs the 'capturing-related' tag.
[SF] Admiral Black - needs the 'Admiral' tag.
[SF] Comm Officer Sato - needs the 'Emperor' tag.

Interceptors
[Inc] Obelisk of Masaka - since it calls for Interceptors to have a crew of 2, it should probably be a trait in the database.

The following are the shipps that should have this tag.

[Baj] Alliance Interceptor
[Baj] Bajoran Interceptor
[Fed] Rebel Interceptor
[Fed] [NA] Mr. Sisko's Interceptor
[SF] Imperial Interceptor
[Vid] Vidiian Interceptor

Time Location 'Personas'

Some missions do not list corresponding time locations as personas. It's a helpful thing to have listed.

Luna:
Survival Training does not list MACO Training Camp.

Earth:
Espionage Mission and Research Devastating Attack do not list any of the Alpha Earth time locations. They are...
22nd-Century San Francisco
Cetacen Institute
Montana Missile Complex

Mirror Earth:
Monitor Population does not list 22nd-Century Japan.

(Alpha and Mirror Earth might want to list each other's time locations as 'opposites' as well as was done with Halkan Planet and Qu'Vat.)

Romulus:
Cloaked Mission does not list Drone Control Room as a persona.

Bajoran Wormhole:
Bajoran Wormhole[card1], in a curious note, has [card1]The Celestial Temple listed as BOTH a persona AND an opposite.

(The other time locations are properly listed.)

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]