This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The only deck that would benefit from it is TNG Fed atm. Though it already can play Admiral Rikers ship for free and Shantis ship would Kill CM. So really not that great a card imho. (Gameplay wise. I really like the idea to Make use of facility Commander and more cards from my Second fav Episode)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Hold on, I don't think this card restricts the free play to just Rikers ship, Shanti's ship, etc. The card reads: Seeds or plays on your facility. If your facility commander aboard, your matching ship reporting here may do so for free (once per game per facility commander). (Unique.)

So the requirement is to have the facility commander aboard. The effect is to report a matching ship to the facility for free. Those don't appear to be connected. If they were, the wording would be: "If your facility commander aboard, that commanders matching ship reporting here may do so for free..."

Further evidence: Another card just refers to needing to be matching: Admiral Riker himself.
[DL] Any Enterprise (If aboard your matching facility). And it was ruled along time ago that Admiral Riker just had to be aboard a [Fed] Facility to use his download. See the Glossary's entries on "Matching.....". Matching without clarification means affiliation.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
That's why this is a good card with DS9 decks as I stated. With Trust the Prophets you can report any [Fed] or [Baj] ship for free (twice if you have both Sisko and Col. Kira aboard). So if you draw U.S.S. Defiant (or whatever), you can DL Sisko/Kira, and then play the ship for free same turn.

~D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, at first I thought this card was mediocre myself, and then I realized the ship doesn't have to match the facility commander, but the affiliation.

Just think about this: Admiral Riker played to Starbase 247 gives you a [DL] of any Enterprise, which he can use to fetch his own ship, then he gives you a free ship play. Fleet Admiral Shanthi is a Support Personnel download, which nets you a [Cmd] personnel and a second free ship play. That's one card play that gets you three ships.

Ready Room door on top of that gets a lot of matching commanders to the table very quickly.

I think we're going to be seeing a lot of this card.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
HoodieDM wrote:That's why this is a good card with DS9 decks as I stated. With Trust the Prophets you can report any [Fed] or [Baj] ship for free (twice if you have both Sisko and Col. Kira aboard). So if you draw U.S.S. Defiant (or whatever), you can DL Sisko/Kira, and then play the ship for free same turn.

~D
No, still only [Baj]. TTP lets you count [Fed] as matching if the card that says you need matching is a site (e.g. Ops for its downloads, or lots of sites for filing mission reports). In this case, it's YKILTH that requires matching, not a site.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:That's why this is a good card with DS9 decks as I stated. With Trust the Prophets you can report any [Fed] or [Baj] ship for free (twice if you have both Sisko and Col. Kira aboard). So if you draw U.S.S. Defiant (or whatever), you can DL Sisko/Kira, and then play the ship for free same turn.

~D
No, still only [Baj]. TTP lets you count [Fed] as matching if the card that says you need matching is a site (e.g. Ops for its downloads, or lots of sites for filing mission reports). In this case, it's YKILTH that requires matching, not a site.
But why not? The ship has to report to the docking pad/port/pylon. That's a site (at the facility)...

~D

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Reporting would indeed be a purpose related to the site. Being free because you're matching is a purpose related to the new Event.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote:Reporting would indeed be a purpose related to the site. Being free because you're matching is a purpose related to the new Event.
But it's still too the site at the facility. The event let's it go for free, but you still have to have a place to report to.

You report the ship to the site as your normal card play. Then you check the conditions of the event; if met it is free, if not, it is still your normal card play.

What am I missing here?

~D
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Could we get some blue text on this issue? I personally agree with HoodieDM, but I see where commdecker is coming from.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Comicbookhero wrote:Could we get some blue text on this issue? I personally agree with HoodieDM, but I see where commdecker is coming from.
You Know I'd Like To Help, would not allow a free report of a Federation ship to a Bajoran DS9, even if Trust the Prophets is in play. The reason being that the reporting would take place at either Docking Pads or Docking Ports, neither of which has anything to do with matching ships, that is any compatible ship with the appropriate staffing requirements may report to them. And compatible is not the same as matching.

For example, suppose one is playing DS9 and has Trust the Prophets in play (ignore YKILTH for the moment) and on the previous turn, their Treaty: Fed/Baj was nullified. Can this player use report U.S.S. Defiant to Docking ports? I would say it is not a ship that may report to the docking site since it is not compatible with the station. It may be considered to match the facility, but it is still [Fed] , which is no longer compatible.

Based on this, the fact that the ship is considered to match the facility is irrelevant to the ships ability to report to the docking site, and thus there is no purpose for a ship to be matching the facility with regards to Docking Pads/Port, so the ship isn't considered to match the facility and YKILTH doesn't apply in this situation.

Therefore
You Know I'd Like to Help does not allow [Fed] ships to play for free at DS9
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Legate_Damar wrote:So it's pretty much worthless, then.
For now, kinda. [1E-TNG] [Fed] will still get a lot out of it. Let's just hope we get some more facility commanders. Maybe we'll finally get Calvin Hutchinson or a new Sisko to go along with Combined Task Force.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Comicbookhero wrote:
Legate_Damar wrote:So it's pretty much worthless, then.
For now, kinda. [1E-TNG] [Fed] will still get a lot out of it. Let's just hope we get some more facility commanders. Maybe we'll finally get Calvin Hutchinson or a new Sisko to go along with Combined Task Force.
Wouldn't the bajoran kira that commands DS9 be a facility commander that could trigger this, just for a bajoran ship, but its still a ship
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]