This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I always loved the Genial Captain "business card" for martketing The CC....
:twocents:
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Comicbookhero wrote:
Zef'No wrote:Well, since you asked, the advert.
The CC has been doing this for 7 years now.
And Decipher used to do it as well. I personally just treat them like business cards rather than game cards - I wouldn't put them in a deck unless I was desperate or snarky.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Comicbookhero wrote:
Zef'No wrote:Well, since you asked, the advert.
The CC has been doing this for 7 years now. We are just trying something new to reach out to existing groups of Star Trek fans. The response I have gotten personally for these cards on Facebook and Reddit has been very encouraging. I think the "advert" is a great thing that we need to do to bring people to this site and the game. If you have other ideas for recruitment though, please share them here on the boards or with your ambassador. We are always looking for ways to grow the player base.
Yeah but now you've done it with a 1e card, which is apparently sacrilege. Not like those 'other' less sacred games of 2e and Tribbles. This has clearly crossed a line! [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, As a recent adopter of the Greatest Generation podcast, I think these new promos are awesome. Not only are they well-designed (and well executed - I'm looking at you, Art Department) but it gives the CC a way to Target a current, widely known Trek fan base with something relevant to their world, giving us a chance to get some new community members. I'm all for it!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to jump in my Previa and tune into 'This Old Enterprise' while I Uber some Federation VIPs over to meet up with Kevin Uxbridge. It's a better gig than squeegee-ing down Holodeck 3 after Riker has been in there... :shifty:

(And if that last paragraph made zero sense to you, I strongly suggest you start listening to the podcast. It will clear things right up. :wink: )
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
I think the difference is that when it was done in 1E for "New Frontiers" a few years back, there was a fully playable version available with no advert (from Emissary). Also, the lore on a personnel is gameplay relevant, unlike 2E or a 1E event (New Frontiers).

I personally think a printable non-advert version should be available for players who want one. Although currently, even the version WITH an advert isn't actually printable in Hi-Res yet...

By Zef'No
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:I think the difference is that when it was done in 1E for "New Frontiers" a few years back, there was a fully playable version available with no advert (from Emissary). Also, the lore on a personnel is gameplay relevant, unlike 2E or a 1E event (New Frontiers).

I personally think a printable non-advert version should be available for players who want one.
:thumbsup:
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:I personally think a printable non-advert version should be available for players who want one.
And no one has said there won't be one.

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Seems to me all the complainers are in the pocket of Big Rod and would enjoy a Troi mudbath...

:shifty: :D
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
sevencrdspud wrote:Seems to me all the complainers are in the pocket of Big Rod and would enjoy a Troi mudbath...

:shifty: :D

Time to Jake this thread.

How 'bout them Kazon...

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote:
Time to Jake this thread.

How 'bout them Kazon...
WE JUST GOT SCHISM'D! There is no law to fit this crime...

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I've missed a couple of episodes of the Greatest Gen now, how was the cards received?

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Are there or will there be 3UP/9UP versions of him to print? I'd like to have some nice ones to give out to some people...
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:Are there or will there be 3UP/9UP versions of him to print? I'd like to have some nice ones to give out to some people...
Yes, it's on my to-do list. FYI you can make a deck with him in it and print that, to get copies now.

-crp

By enrico81
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I just tried doing just that but the card does not show up when you then try to print the decklist...
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
enrico81 wrote:I just tried doing just that but the card does not show up when you then try to print the decklist...
Hmmm, okay. I'll have Maelyws take a look.

-crp

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
enrico81 wrote:I just tried doing just that but the card does not show up when you then try to print the decklist...
This should be fixed now

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Is there any interest from the greater area to com[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]