This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
winterflames wrote:While we are talking about box tops, are we going to get a Vulcan version?
Unlikely. The player who originally designed all the tops has left the site. If someone else wants to take up the reigns of that project, they would be welcome to do so.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
winterflames wrote:While we are talking about box tops, are we going to get a Vulcan version?
Unlikely. The player who originally designed all the tops has left the site. If someone else wants to take up the reigns of that project, they would be welcome to do so.

It can't be that difficult. If the affiliation icon is available in a high resolution format, it should just be a matter of a few minutes work, I imagine.

To be honest, I'm surprised that it isn't an automated process. All that should be required as far as human intervention goes, is adding the new hi-rez affiliation icon and the option to the form to generate them.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: To be honest, I'm surprised that it isn't an automated process. All that should be required as far as human intervention goes, is adding the new hi-rez affiliation icon and the option to the form to generate them.
That would require having someone who can spend the time to build the automated process. ;)

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:hill Whole sale has in the past had OTSD boxes compleat with the cards in them for a resnable price, though the canadian shipping gets harsh, I know as a fellow Canadian. ONE thing i did in the past when orderign from them was to email them directly rather then just placing an order to ask about shipping them basic USPS way, with out insurance tracking etc. you take a little risk if anythign happens, but it saved me a lot.
They are 48$ fro a case of 12 boxes that would aslo give you 12 copies of all the OTSD cards.

IF any one ever finds some where that sells the same type of box in the same size that we could cover with the CC's covers, I'd love to know it I'd buy a LOT.

NOTE: if your priting the box tops from teh cC web site it uses Larger paper to fit all the folds in so you need to go to a print shop place, unles syou have a VERY fancy printer at home.
Indeed. Though, I don't really need/want the cards themselves. Just the boxes. Strangely, I think it would make a nice display piece in my office to have all 17 boxes. I have a nice display of beer glasses I have from my travels around the world and a bunch of model cars I painted over the years. I'd like to add these as well. I'll likely do a few extra to "use" as well. Be a fun little project :)

The only thing that concerns me is the box top would be on regular white paper. Put on a standard "open from the side" box, the two seams where the box opens will get a lot of wear and, I suspect, wouldn't last too long. I suppose the box top could be printed on cardboard to make it a bit more sturdy. Hmmm.

But just for fun, I went to Hills. Added a 12 pack of OTSD to my cart for $48. Estimated shipping? $70. Bwahaha. Oh us poor Canadians :P

I actually sent a couple of emails to deck box retailers (2 in canada, 1 in the usa) asking them if they sell such boxes and if not, if they know of anyone who would. Im not optimistic but cant hurt to try :) I'll report back.

As for the box tops, yeah, its an 11x17. I'll definitely be doing them at a staples (along with printing the decks). My inkjet printer at home has way too much bleed (to be fair, its like 10 years old). Its fine for printing a document or whatever. But I printed off 3 or 4 cards, one at a time, and even with adjusting the color, they looked awful. So to staples I go.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:

It can't be that difficult. If the affiliation icon is available in a high resolution format, it should just be a matter of a few minutes work, I imagine.

To be honest, I'm surprised that it isn't an automated process. All that should be required as far as human intervention goes, is adding the new hi-rez affiliation icon and the option to the form to generate them.

I nominate you to do it :D teehee
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  

:shifty:
Add it to the to-do list after I finish the code for the card search, I guess.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:

:shifty:
Add it to the to-do list after I finish the code for the card search, I guess.

haha. I was mostly kidding. I'd offer to do it but I'm not particularly good in, what I assume would be photoshop. I don't have any artistic ability, outside of music.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Se7enofMine wrote:
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:hill Whole sale has in the past had OTSD boxes compleat with the cards in them for a resnable price, though the canadian shipping gets harsh, I know as a fellow Canadian. ONE thing i did in the past when orderign from them was to email them directly rather then just placing an order to ask about shipping them basic USPS way, with out insurance tracking etc. you take a little risk if anythign happens, but it saved me a lot.
They are 48$ fro a case of 12 boxes that would aslo give you 12 copies of all the OTSD cards.

IF any one ever finds some where that sells the same type of box in the same size that we could cover with the CC's covers, I'd love to know it I'd buy a LOT.

NOTE: if your priting the box tops from teh cC web site it uses Larger paper to fit all the folds in so you need to go to a print shop place, unles syou have a VERY fancy printer at home.
Indeed. Though, I don't really need/want the cards themselves. Just the boxes. Strangely, I think it would make a nice display piece in my office to have all 17 boxes. I have a nice display of beer glasses I have from my travels around the world and a bunch of model cars I painted over the years. I'd like to add these as well. I'll likely do a few extra to "use" as well. Be a fun little project :)

The only thing that concerns me is the box top would be on regular white paper. Put on a standard "open from the side" box, the two seams where the box opens will get a lot of wear and, I suspect, wouldn't last too long. I suppose the box top could be printed on cardboard to make it a bit more sturdy. Hmmm.

But just for fun, I went to Hills. Added a 12 pack of OTSD to my cart for $48. Estimated shipping? $70. Bwahaha. Oh us poor Canadians :P

I actually sent a couple of emails to deck box retailers (2 in canada, 1 in the usa) asking them if they sell such boxes and if not, if they know of anyone who would. Im not optimistic but cant hurt to try :) I'll report back.

As for the box tops, yeah, its an 11x17. I'll definitely be doing them at a staples (along with printing the decks). My inkjet printer at home has way too much bleed (to be fair, its like 10 years old). Its fine for printing a document or whatever. But I printed off 3 or 4 cards, one at a time, and even with adjusting the color, they looked awful. So to staples I go.
yes to Canada the shipping options you can normally select are up price ones, I';d suggest emailing them directly and asking if they can ship X to you via basic US postal service not the couriers and what it would cost, when i did that fro a semi large order it cut the shipping in HALF, still not nice this stuff is Heavy, but it helped, depending where you are in Canada finding a US friend just over the boarder, shipping to them, then visiting them for a weekend so you get the 24 or 48 hours duty free amounts depending on the value of your order and bring it back with you is by FAR the cheapest option.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]