This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Se7enofMine wrote:Looking at the options, I dont see anything indicating to me how I would be able to use the builder in the manner in which i need it.
When you print a decklist from the deckbuilder, it will first give you a list with quantities of both printable proxies and virtual cards. Enter your desired quantities, and then a PDF is generated with the cards of your choice, 9 per page.

Another printing tip: deselect "Fit to page" when printing for accurate sizing. :cheersL:

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote:
Se7enofMine wrote:Looking at the options, I dont see anything indicating to me how I would be able to use the builder in the manner in which i need it.
When you print a decklist from the deckbuilder, it will first give you a list with quantities of both printable proxies and virtual cards. Enter your desired quantities, and then a PDF is generated with the cards of your choice, 9 per page.

Another printing tip: deselect "Fit to page" when printing for accurate sizing. :cheersL:

Well would you look at that. I didnt realize it would output to a pdf. When I saw the "print card images," I just assumed it would actually print them right away and work out the logistics in the background.

I owe an apology to Jadzia. She gave excellent advice .. I was just too noob to realize it haha.

Thanks to you both :)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Se7enofMine wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Just use the deck builder. Make a “deck” that has all the cards in it you want then print the deck. If the 1E builder is like the 2E one, then the only limitation is the number of missions you can put in. There might be a limit for the seed deck too.

Well I was going to print at home. I printed off a test card and my printer apparently sucks ass. So I was putting them in a word doc to bring to a local staples, which I assumed I would do on a usb stick or what not.

Looking at the options, I dont see anything indicating to me how I would be able to use the builder in the manner in which i need it.
1. Make a deck and save it.

2. Go to the Manage Decklists page.

3. Under the deck you want to print, click on Print Decklist.

4. Make sure the "Print Card Images" box is checked.

5. If there's any cards in your deck you don't need printed, change their number to 0.

6. Click "Print" at the bottom.

7. The site will generate a custom PDF file of your deck for you, and you can print it.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:
Se7enofMine wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Just use the deck builder. Make a “deck” that has all the cards in it you want then print the deck. If the 1E builder is like the 2E one, then the only limitation is the number of missions you can put in. There might be a limit for the seed deck too.

Well I was going to print at home. I printed off a test card and my printer apparently sucks ass. So I was putting them in a word doc to bring to a local staples, which I assumed I would do on a usb stick or what not.

Looking at the options, I dont see anything indicating to me how I would be able to use the builder in the manner in which i need it.
1. Make a deck and save it.

2. Go to the Manage Decklists page.

3. Under the deck you want to print, click on Print Decklist.

4. Make sure the "Print Card Images" box is checked.

5. If there's any cards in your deck you don't need printed, change their number to 0.

6. Click "Print" at the bottom.

7. The site will generate a custom PDF file of your deck for you, and you can print it.
Yeah. I didnt realize the deck builder spit it out in a pdf first. Oops. I have a couple of pdf's to print now :)

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey gang

Not necessarily a printing question but more of a supplies question.

For the Canadians out there.. do you know of any places that sell deck boxes akin to those like the OTSD ones .. But blank? All stores around here only sell the ones that open from the side as opposed to the whole top coming off. I saw the box tops here on the site and instead of buying the prefab ones, thought it'd be a cool project to do them all.

I found one site in the USA that has them. But shipping is fn nuts. $35 order and $45 shipping. So I'm looking for something in Canada but can't seem to find anything.

Idea suggestions? :)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Can you link to the US one? I'm confused about what you're looking for, seeing it might be more helpful to understand.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
That’s just the bottom. What were you planning for the top?

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:That’s just the bottom. What were you planning for the top?

That was sort of my question. Can one buy the bottom and matching top that's blank?

Now. I haven't actually held/seen the otsd boxes. I'm assuming they are the same as the one I linked (with a matching top that has the logo). I don't believe the otsd boxes open like a standard card box like:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/trading- ... torage-box

Correct me if I am wrong.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Oh, those are literal OTSD box bottoms.

I thought you had found something not Decipher-specific that fit the same dimensions/style as the OTSDs. That would be what you are looking for, since there's no actual Decipher-specific OTSD blank box tops.

I'm not aware of any non-Decipher boxes that fit the OTSD style and size, in either US or Canada - like you, I would love to find something like that.

(I presume the reason they're selling OTSD bottoms is because the matching tops are too scuffed to be resalable, so they're trying to get what they can for the bottoms - they don't come from blank bottom/top combinations)

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
frakkingoff wrote:Oh, those are literal OTSD box bottoms.

I thought you had found something not Decipher-specific that fit the same dimensions/style as the OTSDs. That would be what you are looking for, since there's no actual Decipher-specific OTSD blank box tops.

I'm not aware of any non-Decipher boxes that fit the OTSD style and size, in either US or Canada - like you, I would love to find something like that.

(I presume the reason they're selling OTSD bottoms is because the matching tops are too scuffed to be resalable, so they're trying to get what they can for the bottoms - they don't come from blank bottom/top combinations)
Exactly:)

It's crazy cause we know decipher didn't make them. So SOMEONE had to have haha but it doesn't seem to exist. Shame. It's be nice to make them as "authentic" as possible.

So I assume then that if someone was to make one at home with a CD box too, one would use a standard box like I linked on my last post?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I have ended up with something like four Bajoran boxes over the years. I would cover up the one that’s the most scuffed with one of the covers.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Se7enofMine wrote: It's crazy cause we know decipher didn't make them. So SOMEONE had to have haha but it doesn't seem to exist.
Well they probably contracted it out to a box-making company, but there's no reason to believe the company would have made the exact style of box for anyone else or for the general market.

Those boxes were made to very specific dimensional specifications, to hold a certain number of cards.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
hill Whole sale has in the past had OTSD boxes compleat with the cards in them for a resnable price, though the canadian shipping gets harsh, I know as a fellow Canadian. ONE thing i did in the past when orderign from them was to email them directly rather then just placing an order to ask about shipping them basic USPS way, with out insurance tracking etc. you take a little risk if anythign happens, but it saved me a lot.
They are 48$ fro a case of 12 boxes that would aslo give you 12 copies of all the OTSD cards.

IF any one ever finds some where that sells the same type of box in the same size that we could cover with the CC's covers, I'd love to know it I'd buy a LOT.

NOTE: if your priting the box tops from teh cC web site it uses Larger paper to fit all the folds in so you need to go to a print shop place, unles syou have a VERY fancy printer at home.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
While we are talking about box tops, are we going to get a Vulcan version?
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]