This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:Ok somebody is going to have to educate me on this whole deck type, as I'm not sure how I can't just ignore the threat and go about my business (staying out of the Bajor Region, of course!)
First question: has someone besides me actually played this monstrosity, or did I event a meme-deck?

Assuming that everyone's talking about my version, here's the outline.

Originally, the joke was to take DS9, stack it full of Defense System Upgrades, and then blow up passing Borg Ship dilemmas for points (ideally both of them at once for pure Swag). RCS was there to help with positioning, and you used Interceptors (because Name) to go set off the ships. This deck won one game in it's entire history, which is all I can ask of such a pile of jank.

Now, obviously this doesn't work anymore (because Borg Ships aren't worth 45 points, you need to actually solve missions in OTF, and in general we don't like fun anymore). So, the "new" deck replaces most of the DSUs with Establish Tractor Lock and Hail (using an Interceptor) to catch your ship and lock it down. (Some versions left in the DSUs so you can blow them up and still RCS around, others left those out and just accumulated a pile of your ships locked down.) End goal is you run them out of ships and then solve your Bajor Region missions on your own sweet time.

To get you there, Cytherians still works, along with whatever ever tricks to move a ship around still work.

At it's best, it's a pile of jank that's entertaining to play. But rules changes and errata have stomped it down pretty hard so I'm not sure you can even build a version that theoretically works anymore. :(
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Anyone else want to jump in on this? I'm looking for someone to do the Top 5 Bajoran video in the very near future.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Bajoran Salad Recipe:

1. Chamber of Ministers - free dudes to Bajor
2. Bajoran Resistance Cell - free dudes to Bajor, plus ~12 draws per game.
3. I Miss This Office - if you invest in the required treaty (EDIT: to use this with Bajorans) this complements Bajoran weaknesses very nicely
4. The Regent's Flagship - free report to opposite quadrant and sets up Emblem of the Alliance free plays (beam back with Multidimensional Transport Device). Oh, and you already have a Cardassian treaty for IMTO, don't'cha? Neat trick, that.
5. Study Divergent History - extra draws to support all the plays you're doing

Honorable Mention: The City of B'hala, because it wrecks opponent's combos.
So I was thinking about this last night. I believe this works:

With a seeded Terok Nor and Reshape the Quadrant (to d/l I Miss This Office) .. get a ship in play with any computer skill (which could be done by turn 1 with defend homeworld and Bareil / Odo / Kira), fly over, walk onto Ops, commandeer, d/l baseball for 20pts right off the bat (see what I did there? :P).
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Nice try, but you cannot commandeer your own nor.
our friend the glossary wrote:You may commandeer
only cards which you do not control
(including a Nor or ship that your Borg
opponent assimilated from you), and only if
a card allows it.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote:Nice try, but you cannot commandeer your own nor.
our friend the glossary wrote:You may commandeer
only cards which you do not control
(including a Nor or ship that your Borg
opponent assimilated from you), and only if
a card allows it.
Crap. Yeah, that's right. Doh.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:Anyone else want to jump in on this? I'm looking for someone to do the Top 5 Bajoran video in the very near future.
It's just 20 minutes out of your day, I swear!

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm not particularly good at Bajoran, but I'll give it a shot. Chamber of Ministers is not mentioned because in my opinion it's basically an auto-include for a "Bajoran" deck.
  1. Deep Space 9 - One seed card unlocks Quark's Bar for free personnel and potential Morn draws, Docking Ports for free freighters, Ops downloading, and more.
  2. Bajoran Resistance Cell - The quality of Resistance personnel is meh, but bodies are bodies, and it's the draw engine that puts this over the top. You can only use the draws 4-6 times per game, but that's 8-12 cards drawn, which should get you to your other draw engines. Shakaar Edon and Kira Nerys are Resistance with SECURITY for an easy download of your second Resistance personnel.
  3. Leeta - Free to the Bar, and downloads Dabo, an easy source of those last few bonus points.
  4. Rom - Bajorans don't have many quality personnel with STEM skills, so Rom stands out. Playing for free to your least active play engine, Quark's Bar, gives him the edge over the following card.
  5. Vedek Dax - Like Rom, a quality personnel with STEM skills.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]