This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I have a new project - relearning 1E. Give me a hand learning about the different affiliations. It's been 15 years since I played! I figured I might learn a bit by looking at the Top 5 cards from each affiliation and faction. What do you think are the top 5 [Baj] cards and why?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Bajoran Salad Recipe:

1. Chamber of Ministers - free dudes to Bajor
2. Bajoran Resistance Cell - free dudes to Bajor, plus ~12 draws per game.
3. I Miss This Office - if you invest in the required treaty (EDIT: to use this with Bajorans) this complements Bajoran weaknesses very nicely
4. The Regent's Flagship - free report to opposite quadrant and sets up Emblem of the Alliance free plays (beam back with Multidimensional Transport Device). Oh, and you already have a Cardassian treaty for IMTO, don't'cha? Neat trick, that.
5. Study Divergent History - extra draws to support all the plays you're doing

Honorable Mention: The City of B'hala, because it wrecks opponent's combos.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:... I Miss This Office has nothing to do with treaties?
Either he's thinking you go Baj/Car (because that card helps Cardassians, not Bajorans), or he wrote the wrong card down...
 -  
Community Contributor
Meant what I wrote! Get a Baj/Car treaty out, either with Open Diplomatic Relations or Kai Winn (who can be grabbed with Going To The Top). As I said, the Cardies complement Bajoran weaknesses well, they report directly to Bajor (no transit issues having to fly around the spaceline to pick up dudes), and they set you up nicely to make use of Mirror Cardies as well. (Heck, you can even use Dominion War Efforts at that point.)

Every viable Bajoran build I've seen since Emissary is a Treaty deck: either Bajoran/Cardassian, Bajoran/Federation (Here By Invitation), or Bajoran/Klingon. Baj/Car usually includes Mirror and Baj/Kli always does.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:Every viable Bajoran build I've seen since Emissary is a Treaty deck
Poor Bajorans - even second-class citizens in their card game...
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:Poor Bajorans - even second-class citizens in their card game...
From the moment we arrived on Bajor, it was clear that we were the superior race. But they couldn't accept that. They wanted to be treated as equals when they most certainly were not. Militarily, technologically, culturally, we were almost a century ahead of them in every way. We did not choose to be the superior race. Fate handed us our role. And it would've been so much easier on everyone if the Bajorans had simply accepted their role. But no, day after day they clustered in their temples and prayed for deliverance, and night after night they planted bombs outside of our homes. Pride. Stubborn, unyielding pride.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
No mention for Dabo? When Kazon Battle was more prominent, Bajorans would just sit at their Homeworld and play Dabo for Bonus points.

And how about Docking Ports? Free ships!
 -  
Community Contributor
I ran out of space. We only get 5 cards!

Bajoran Shrine is pretty baller, too, and I keep promising myself I'm going to figure out how to make Orb of Wisdom work.

EDIT: And Bajor-region mission selection is excellent, if you're willing to forfeit Bajoran Resistance Cell draws: Relocate Settlers is a good mission with stunning range, and Refuse Immigration is just really solid. Throw that all in with Between Duty and Respect, a First Stable Wormhole pointing to all three quadrants (so your spaceline functions more like a 2E spaceline than a 1E one!) and you're really cooking with gas.

The enormous advantages Bajorans derive from being able to get all their missions within 5 SPAN of each other should never be underestimated.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
* Chamber of Minister, self-explaining

* DS9, self-explaining

* Leeta + Dabo, bonus point engine

* Bajoran Resistance Cell, self-explaining

* Rinak Pire, he was a blast back in the past, very NPE :( and today he can still power up your scouts, freighters, warships and... pretty much everything

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Bajoran Shrine is pretty baller, too, and I keep promising myself I'm going to figure out how to make Orb of Wisdom work.
Does Defense Systems Upgrade count as here? Bring back Death Star 9.
 -  
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote: Bajoran Shrine is pretty baller, too, and I keep promising myself I'm going to figure out how to make Orb of Wisdom work.
By all means. Throw in Reaction Control Thrusters while you're at it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:
Isn't that thing restricted to the Bajor Region?

While you're building your superweapon, I'll be far away solving my missions. :wink:
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
prylardurden wrote:
Isn't that thing restricted to the Bajor Region?
That's what they said about Death Star II right before it opened fire on Home One.

"That thing's operational!"

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok somebody is going to have to educate me on this whole deck type, as I'm not sure how I can't just ignore the threat and go about my business (staying out of the Bajor Region, of course!)

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]