This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I'm confused: cards can report to a headquarters (or an outpost, if that were possible) at a time location whether or not they're native to that timeline, right? It's just that the facility and the reporting card both need to be in their native quadrant right?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yes. The facility is mainly for the free play. (Also, it allows non-native compatible personnel like Daniels to report. Also, less intuitively, Phoenix.)

You can blame Decipher for the goofy design: Seat of Starfleet originally seeded directly on the 24th century spaceline at Espionage Mission. The Straight and Steady design team introduced the 22nd-Century San Francisco time location and moved Seat of Starfleet back to the past. Imperial Palace simply followed suit because the precedent had been set that This Is How Starfleet Works.

Vulcans, notably, are not doing that, according to the Design Q&A.

EDIT: The Seat of Starfleet page should note the first errata, but doesn't currently. Does anyone know the date when that came out? Was it released simultaneously with Straight and Steady?

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
One other important thing to note about Time Locations:

The cards listed on a time location as “native to this timeline” may be reported directly to the location if it is play. When reported in this manner, you do not need an open doorway, such as an Alternate Universe Door, to allow you to report the Alternate Universe icon cards.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:One other important thing to note about Time Locations:

The cards listed on a time location as “native to this timeline” may be reported directly to the location if it is play. When reported in this manner, you do not need an open doorway, such as an Alternate Universe Door, to allow you to report the Alternate Universe icon cards.
Right, and that applies even if the card allowing the reporting isn't the time location itself, right? Like if I.S.S. Constitution is at Halkan Council, I don't need a doorway for its special download, but I would need a doorway to do that special download anywhere else?

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Yes. The facility is mainly for the free play. (Also, it allows non-native compatible personnel like Daniels to report. Also, less intuitively, Phoenix.)

You can blame Decipher for the goofy design: Seat of Starfleet originally seeded directly on the 24th century spaceline at Espionage Mission. The Straight and Steady design team introduced the 22nd-Century San Francisco time location and moved Seat of Starfleet back to the past. Imperial Palace simply followed suit because the precedent had been set that This Is How Starfleet Works.

Vulcans, notably, are not doing that, according to the Design Q&A.

EDIT: The Seat of Starfleet page should note the first errata, but doesn't currently. Does anyone know the date when that came out? Was it released simultaneously with Straight and Steady?
Feels like that creates its own balance issues because now [Vul] is the one Alpha Quadrant affiliation that can't easily report any old Alpha Quadrant [NA] card to their homeworld free play engine, but what do I know?

(On the other hand, I also can't imagine playing [Vul] affiliation without Kolinahr and Observe Ritual...)

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  

I just noticed something weird: because Tantalus Field doesn't actually have a [MQ] icon, it's not actually native to Halkan Council but *is* native to Sherman's Peak. Maybe that should be fixed somehow?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:

I just noticed something weird: because Tantalus Field doesn't actually have a [MQ] icon, it's not actually native to Halkan Council but *is* native to Sherman's Peak. Maybe that should be fixed somehow?
I'm not sure that's relevant. Either you earned it from a mission or got it with JTK's [DL]. Both of those scenarios are location specific and not tied to quadrant nativity.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
But using the [DL] still requires either an open doorway or timeline nativity, and the doorway that gets me both time travel and [1E-AU] plays is "one per turn", which is inconvenient.

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its […]

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]