This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jem'HadarMitzvah wrote:Afternoon All (or a suitable alternative greeting if your time zone if significantly different to mine)

I have a query on Assimilate Homeworld, or rather how to stop it from happening.

It happened to me (quite unexpectedly) last game I played and I 'lost' almost everything, as I was sitting pretty at Qo'Nos (personnel in the The Great Hall)with Defend Homeworld waiting to be activated.
Also Service the Collective was in play.

Obvious answer is be prepared. (Gowron, Service the Collective and a cube should have been a dead give away :) )
If I had had an away team on the mission, would that have helped?

Lastly typically we play Traditional Set (ie Decipher cards only)

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions are welcome.
Are you playing by OTF rules? Because the Borg can't Assimilate Homeworld on your Qo'noS, unless your opponent seeded a copy.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:
Jem'HadarMitzvah wrote:Afternoon All (or a suitable alternative greeting if your time zone if significantly different to mine)

I have a query on Assimilate Homeworld, or rather how to stop it from happening.

It happened to me (quite unexpectedly) last game I played and I 'lost' almost everything, as I was sitting pretty at Qo'Nos (personnel in the The Great Hall)with Defend Homeworld waiting to be activated.

Obvious answer is be prepared. (Gowron, Service the Collective and a cube should have been a dead give away :) )

Are you playing by OTF rules? Because the Borg can't Assimilate Homeworld on your Qo'noS, unless your opponent seeded a copy.
That's one of the few OTF rules that I'd like to see changed: Borg should be able to complete scouting at opponent's missions. Between the lack of Service the Collective, the ability for the opponent to solve the mission anyway (even planets allow for swoop and solve), and the gamesmanship generated by the existence of Feedback Surge, it would make for an interesting environment to be sure.

If that's a no-sale, at least allow Assimilate Homeworld to work on any Homeworld that is a valid Target (ie, one you have a counterpart for). Maybe combine with a slight errata to Service the Collective making it only work for missions you seeded ("Whenever your current Objective targets a Homeworld you seeded OR your mission...")

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Takket wrote:

That's one of the few OTF rules that I'd like to see changed: Borg should be able to complete scouting at opponent's missions. Between the lack of Service the Collective, the ability for the opponent to solve the mission anyway (even planets allow for swoop and solve), and the gamesmanship generated by the existence of Feedback Surge, it would make for an interesting environment to be sure.

If that's a no-sale, at least allow Assimilate Homeworld to work on any Homeworld that is a valid Target (ie, one you have a counterpart for). Maybe combine with a slight errata to Service the Collective making it only work for missions you seeded ("Whenever your current Objective targets a Homeworld you seeded OR your mission...")
Not to rehash the "mission stealing" thread, but to me facing opponent's dilemmas is the lifeblood of the game. I'd keep things the way they are now.

By Jem'HadarMitzvah (Jem'HadarMitzvah)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Thanks Chaps.

We weren't playing OTF, however we did both seed Qo'nos. So it was fair enough in that respect.

With regards to battling them on the previous turn. Obviously that stops or destroys one away team. What stops another Scout beaming down and probing etc on the next turn? or in fact previous turns?

Take it Homefront doesn't work...because Borg.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
either I post a garrison beforehand and leave assimilation stuff there for if you try to stop it or seed a dead end there. not remotely fair to you at one of your missions. Prophets help you if they do that at multiple of your planets.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]