• 801 posts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
First, welcome to the site! Always great to see people rediscovering this great game and community. Answers to your questions inline.
girot wrote:Hey folks! The OP mentioned I could ask questions here, so here are (hopefully) some easy ones:

1) Waaaay back when First Contact first came out I seem to remember there being something limited Borg to Interrupts/Events/Objectives that had the "Borg Use Only" icons. After going through the glossary a few times, I can't seem to find that bit. Can I mix normal (non faction) cards into my Borg deck these days?
Borg can use any interrupts, events, and objectives they want. Cards with the [BO] icon can only be used if you're playing Borg; cards without that icon can be used by either Borg or non-Borg players. Personnel, ships, and facilities are a different matter, Borg players cannot stock any of these cards with a non-Borg affiliation.
2) Static Warp Bubble. I hate this card so much. That being said, it makes for fantastic trolling opportunities. The problem I'm having is in how the function of the card times out exactly. Does it force a discard BEFORE or AFTER the card draw at the end of the turn? I think I saw this on the banned list, but I'd still like an answer on this one.
Before the end-of-turn card draw. The same is true for any other "end of turn" actions. The end of turn card draw is literally the last thing that happens in your turn, as soon as you do that it is your opponent's turn.

And you're not the only one who has found Static Warp Bubble annoying. Nowadays there are a lot of specific counters: Containment Field (easy to play because of the [Ref] icon; see Tribunal of Q and Q the Referee), Spacedoor, The Traveler: Transcendence, and Deactivation (which can be boosted by Examine Singularity) can nullify the card outright, not to mention general-purpose Event killers like Kevin Uxbridge and Quinn. Writ of Accountability can punish your opponent even harder if they try to re-play the card, and Persistence of Memory can turn it back on them. Because there are so many counters, and because the game is much faster than it was back in the day (fewer turns = fewer discards from the Bubble), it is actually legal in OTF (Official Tournament Format) these days.
3) Data's Body & Head: Once assembled, does that count as a normal Data persona, or can I play a preassembled version alongside it?
Data's Body is not a persona of Data. You can have both in play at the same time. (One more reason 1E is awesome.)
4) Too Much Data: Holodeck Adventures has given me an excuse to put together a theme deck that comprises of each of the holographic versions of Data I could get my hands on, in addition to the real thing and Lore (of course). Anyway, as far as persona work, if there isn't a boldfaced Data in the lore portion, they count as separate unique characters, right?
Correct.
5) Dr Soong: this is a follow-up question related to the last: the holographic Data lookalikes aren't actually androids, right? The Doc shouldn't be able to reprogram them?
No, for two reasons. First, all cards with a [Holo] icon are hologram species, not android. Second, even if they were, Dr. Soong's "reprogramming" skill is limited to androids whose skills can be chosen when reporting (Soong-type Android and Lal).

By girot
 -  
Thank you, good sir! I'm actually pretty stoked to be here and to have found such a great community. You guys really remind me of the Reaper boards, lol.
Rachmaninoff wrote:Dr. Soong's "reprogramming" skill is limited to androids whose skills can be chosen when reporting (Soong-type Android and Lal).
Ahhh, that makes more sense.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Greetings :)

Shocking as it may seen, I have a question.

I never played ferengi all that much and I don't see anything about this in the glossary. All I see are two mentions of specific rules (62nd and 75th).

Can a player have more than one rule of acquisition in play at a time?

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
frakkingoff wrote:Yes, of course. They're just events, you're allowed to have more than one event in play at once.

I thought so. Was just thinking that some of them combined can be fairly powerful. So I wanted to make sure :)

Thanks man :)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
There is one case of Rules being mutually exclusive, and that's the 34th Rule of Acquisition from Rules of Acquisition and the 35th Rule of Acquisition from (appropriately enough when you see the cards) Mirror, Mirror and that's only the case because of gametext on 35th specifically saying so.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:There is one case of Rules being mutually exclusive, and that's the 34th Rule of Acquisition from Rules of Acquisition and the 35th Rule of Acquisition from (appropriately enough when you see the cards) Mirror, Mirror and that's only the case because of game text on 35th specifically saying so.
Indeed. I noticed that specific case when was wondering about others.

For instance: 34th, 62nd, 75th. All combined, that's a good amount of GPL/Draws and bonus points. Given the awesome sauce, I figured it was worth the question.

I sort of new the answer given that Ferengi apparently ruled the meta for awhile and this is probably one of the reasons.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey gang,

Didnt want to hijack the other Going to the Top thread but I thought of a question last night regarding this specific card.

As per OTF rules, you can only download one personnel per turn. Cool. Can you use GTTTop to "circumvent" that rule by playing it during your opponents turn? I suspect the answer is yes because I believe you can do the same with Borg / Awaken.

Just looking for confirmation :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Se7enofMine wrote:Hey gang,

Didnt want to hijack the other Going to the Top thread but I thought of a question last night regarding this specific card.

As per OTF rules, you can only download one personnel per turn. Cool. Can you use GTTTop to "circumvent" that rule by playing it during your opponents turn? I suspect the answer is yes because I believe you can do the same with Borg / Awaken.

:thumbsup:

By girot
 -  

Ooooh, that's interesting... So, play Activate Subcommands on MY turn, then Awaken on the opponent's turn. Throw in some Borg Servo for giggles and we've got a good time!

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
girot wrote:

Ooooh, that's interesting... So, play Activate Subcommands on MY turn, then Awaken on the opponent's turn. Throw in some Borg Servo for giggles and we've got a good time!

Muahahahah ... 'choo got it mang!

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey everybody,

Bumping my own thread with a quick question. I sorta word twisted myself and I think I've talked myself into a conundrum.

All-Consuming Evil + Armus dilemma (say, Roulette).

A-CE says *doubles 'effects' of all Armus dilemmas.
Armus:Roulette says "If four personnel have CUNNING>30 OR one of them has Leadership and INTEGRITY>7, discard. Otherwise, one is killed and other's "stopped."

To me, that means the dilemma reads as normal except TWO people are killed, instead of one .. rest are stopped.

I'm reading effects = not requirements. Otherwise, the dilemma would become "eight personnel have cun>60 OR two of them have Leadership and Int>7." Or some craziness like that. Though, it's 1E so who the hell knows :P

Anywho, just curious is all.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think you're right. I think if the requirements were also to be doubled, then All-Consuming would just double the dilemma itself (the way Lore "doubles" Crystalline Entity), rather than specifying that it doubles effects only.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0