This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just like it implies. How does DNA Clues impact The Ghost of Cyrus Ramsey if failed?

3 MEDICAL Classification with 2 Additional MEDICAL?
5 MEDICAL Classification?

Thanks!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Pretty sure it's 5 personnel with MEDICAL classification, given how it interacts with Hippocratic Oath.

EDIT: On the other hand, how does DNA Clues interact with Medical Crisis? I've never had that come up, and it's not in the DRG or Glossary. Would you need to stop 3 MEDICAL and have 2 Biology + 4 MEDICAL or a nurse? That's a great combo if so.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Pretty sure it's 5 personnel with MEDICAL classification, given how it interacts with Hippocratic Oath.

EDIT: On the other hand, how does DNA Clues interact with Medical Crisis? I've never had that come up, and it's not in the DRG or Glossary. Would you need to stop 3 MEDICAL and have 2 Biology + 4 MEDICAL or a nurse? That's a great combo if so.
Reading the DRG for DNA Clues seems to suggest it wouldn't apply to the "Random select a Medical personnel" part of Medical Crisis, since it isn't related to overcoming or curing the dilemma. However, I think it would require 4 Medical to get past then. It would be a cool combo if your opponent didn't have the exobiology present to take the 2 less option on DNA Clues.
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Not_always_but_often wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Pretty sure it's 5 personnel with MEDICAL classification, given how it interacts with Hippocratic Oath.

Reading the DRG for DNA Clues seems to suggest it wouldn't apply to the "Random select a Medical personnel" part of Medical Crisis, since it isn't related to overcoming or curing the dilemma. However, I think it would require 4 Medical to get past then. It would be a cool combo if your opponent didn't have the exobiology present to take the 2 less option on DNA Clues.
This is exactly what I was coming to post. The first two sentences of Medical Crisis are not requirements so DNA Clues do not change them at all. It only adds 2 to the MEDICAL requirement in the last sentence.

As for The Ghost of Cyrus Ramsey, I would rule based on the way DNA Clues is worded that it would require 5 MEDICAL classification.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Comicbookhero wrote: This is exactly what I was coming to post. The first two sentences of Medical Crisis are not requirements so DNA Clues do not change them at all. It only adds 2 to the MEDICAL requirement in the last sentence.
Oh, yeah, makes sense. Cool then!

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:Or 1 Dr. McCoy
Riddle me this, Batman?

Why do you hate fun...?

:x :x :x

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

I actually thought it was the other way... 3 med classification + any two other med skills or classification... but after reading your post, i think you have it right.

The Hippocratic Oath precedent is what when something is requiring a specific type of medical ("Most cunning") that that modifier is included when you consider the DNA clues altered card. "3 most cunning medical" not "most cunning medical and two other medical".

So the "classification" modifier should also be included on GoCR and you need 5 medical classification.....

BTW... what a BRUTAL combo!!!!!!! Good luck ever getting past that. You'll have to get the 3 transporter skill. probably worth sticking a few soong type androids in any deck to deal with these!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:

I actually thought it was the other way... 3 med classification + any two other med skills or classification... but after reading your post, i think you have it right.

The Hippocratic Oath precedent is what when something is requiring a specific type of medical ("Most cunning") that that modifier is included when you consider the DNA clues altered card. "3 most cunning medical" not "most cunning medical and two other medical".

So the "classification" modifier should also be included on GoCR and you need 5 medical classification.....

BTW... what a BRUTAL combo!!!!!!! Good luck ever getting past that. You'll have to get the 3 transporter skill. probably worth sticking a few soong type androids in any deck to deal with these!
Or just redshirt some Exobiology and Nerf gun the thing, then follow up with one Medical classification in the solving crew.

That's the 'correct' play, which is why I love DNA Clues as a bluff so when the solving crew runs into Gomtuu or whatever, the 'WTF?!' look on my opponent's face is priceless! 8)

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.