This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Something that's always bothered me, since they came out...

Why was Spock white-bordered and Admiral McCoy black-bordered? They both came out in the exact same set, at the exact same time, so I don't understand the decision. I even remembered ad copy that advertised the Introductory 2-Player Set as including a special "white-bordered Spock"...as if having a white border was an additional selling point or something that specifically had to be mentioned.

Anyone know?

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
After the Beta 1995 reprint run of 1E Premiere, white-bordered cards were supposed to be "preview" cards that would eventually be released in an upcoming set. Montgomery Scott was the first in this tradition, his WB version in the Warp Pack that preceded his inclusion in Alternate Universe. They had apparently meant Spock to be included in a set somewhere down the line...

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
... that reminds me. Why isn't the original Warp Pack on this site? It was a big deal back in 1994. I remember it well. I think it's worthy of a page of stuff.

By Borg King
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I guess the entire Warp Pack was a set of preview cards as they all received black boarder versions when AU was released; except for Sensitive Search which was just re-released with the 2PG sets... still in white boarder.

I don't know why Decipher never released them, or the other missions from the 2PG sets in black boarder (with the exception of Cargo Rendezvous in the TWT Federation starter) but that's always bothered me too. I like how the black boarders help the colors on the cards "pop" a little bit more than the white boarder ones.

Trivial, as the cards still do what their designed for, but that's how I like 'em! That being said I am a sucker for the DS9 and DOM preview cards in all their white boarder glory...

:borg:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
And maybe while they're at that, they can also add the Trouble With Tribbles Starter Decks, since some have images with digitally inserted Tribbles and all of them have a 2000 copyright date.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
It probably says something not good about my mental state that when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought that yet another new Trek cast had been announced and someone was discussing the races of the actors cast as Spock and McCoy.

By Borg King
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:And maybe while they're at that, they can also add the Trouble With Tribbles Starter Decks, since some have images with digitally inserted Tribbles and all of them have a 2000 copyright date.
100% this! :thumbsup: It could just be a sub division on the TWT expansion list already on the site!

:borg:

By OLE_ALE
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
It seems likely WB Spock was printed on the same sheet as the Two Player Game decks for a total of 121 cards, same as the other early sets. McCoy was probably printed on a sheet with the BB cards from 2PG at a 2:1 ratio. Maybe they printed Data Lauging on the same BB sheet at 3 Data Laughing:2 McCoy:1 of each of the Fed and Klingon cards. Anybody else have ideas?

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

An unlimited deck size might be one, from the orig[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]