This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
pfti wrote:Side note, I wish Zon's errata didn't change the game text, but instead made his lore explain that he was a wizard that could make his species-mates disappear
He turned me into a newt!

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
:shifty:

Did someone say broken link? Oh boy, do I get yet ANOTHER entry to my list?

I do so love broken links in the morning. And... this one appears to be an actual broken link!

I'll be updating my list in the next couple of days, unless this gets the Rule of Law fixing it or something.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
so what mission can Zon and Krohz solve by themselves? imma seed an interphase generator there and send them on a suicide mission :shifty:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Cool tournament idea: score missions that kill the solving team, and win the game with nobody left in play. It is theoretically possible:

1. Solve Study Stellar Collision with K'chiQ, earn a Cryosatellite with an Ophidian Cane and three K'chiQs, discarding them all. (25 points)

2. Play Captain Spock and Timicin. Play Devidian Foragers, using Ophidian Cane to double it, to add the attributes of all four K'chiQs to Captain Spock. He now has 35 INTEGRITY.

3. Attempt Test Mission where you have self-seeded Bendii Syndrome. Solve for 35 points, killing Timicin and Spock. (60 points)

4. For the grand finale, play a bunch of Krozh, drop a Reflection Therapy to change Navigation to Archaeology, and solve Raid Ancient Burial Site for an Interphase Generator. 100 points and the Away Team goes *poof*
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Rachmaninoff wrote:Cool tournament idea: score missions that kill the solving team, and win the game with nobody left in play. It is theoretically possible:

1. Solve Study Stellar Collision with K'chiQ, earn a Cryosatellite with an Ophidian Cane and three K'chiQs, discarding them all. (25 points)

2. Play Captain Spock and Timicin. Play Devidian Foragers, using Ophidian Cane to double it, to add the attributes of all four K'chiQs to Captain Spock. He now has 35 INTEGRITY.

3. Attempt Test Mission where you have self-seeded Bendii Syndrome. Solve for 35 points, killing Timicin and Spock. (60 points)

4. For the grand finale, play a bunch of Krozh, drop a Reflection Therapy to change Navigation to Archaeology, and solve Raid Ancient Burial Site for an Interphase Generator. 100 points and the Away Team goes *poof*
The klingon male who started the attempt with K'chiQ is still alive....
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
This is the best stupidest idea since the Taitt Deck.

5 points (and/or a free Event) for Gryffindor!

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Siiiiince we're on the topic of sloppy PAQ naming, I notice that Plague Planet lets you automatically overcome (or negate the points of) the non-existent card "Plague Ships". (The combo dilemma Male's Love Interest & Plague Ship exists, but otherwise the only two cards linked by the search engine are Tarellian Plague Ship and Treat Plague Ship (though I assume "overcome" and "solve" are not synonymous so the game text doesn't let you automatically solve Treat Plague Ship. Oooh but does the flip side make it worth 0 points?))

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:This is the best stupidest idea since the Taitt Deck.

The best part is that you can spin the whole story as some demented fanfiction script.

Part 1. Some Klingon kids run across a mysterious phasing planets, the two boys are kidnapped by the Aldeans and in a fit of envy K'chiQ runs away and disappears for good.

Part 2. Spock appears through a time warp and joins forces with Timicin. He uses a magic cane to channel energy from the dead, becoming super-Spock/Spocky Sue who is twice as charismatic as Surak, twice as smart as Kurros, and strong enough to mortally wound Data in a single blow. He contracts Bendii Syndrome in the process, complicating his relationship with Timicin, but they still manage to complete the mission. Spock immediately dies from overexertion and Timicin commits ritual suicide.

Part 3. A team of foolish Nausicaans uncovers an artifact of immense power that they cannot understand and meet a gruesome demise, like the Nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The End. And this is why I love 1E.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Rachmaninoff wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:This is the best stupidest idea since the Taitt Deck.

The best part is that you can spin the whole story as some demented fanfiction script.

Part 1. Some Klingon kids run across a mysterious phasing planets, the two boys are kidnapped by the Aldeans and in a fit of envy K'chiQ runs away and disappears for good.

Part 2. Spock appears through a time warp and joins forces with Timicin. He uses a magic cane to channel energy from the dead, becoming super-Spock/Spocky Sue who is twice as charismatic as Surak, twice as smart as Kurros, and strong enough to mortally wound Data in a single blow. He contracts Bendii Syndrome in the process, complicating his relationship with Timicin, but they still manage to complete the mission. Spock immediately dies from overexertion and Timicin commits ritual suicide.

Part 3. A team of foolish Nausicaans uncovers an artifact of immense power that they cannot understand and meet a gruesome demise, like the Nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The End. And this is why I love 1E.
I would watch that episode, its about a mirror timeline where the Enterprise doesnt exist, so this is how these missions are "solved"
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]