This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I have a new project - relearning 1E. Give me a hand learning about the different affiliations. It's been 15 years since I played! I figured I might learn a bit by looking at the Top 5 cards from each affiliation and faction. What do you think are the top 5 [MQ] cards and why? I know there's a lot of choice on this one, so I'm hoping to read some good discussion.

By kingmj4891 (Matthew King)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I have a new project - relearning 1E. Give me a hand learning about the different affiliations. It's been 15 years since I played! I figured I might learn a bit by looking at the Top 5 cards from each affiliation and faction. What do you think are the top 5 [MQ] cards and why? I know there's a lot of choice on this one, so I'm hoping to read some good discussion.
[KCA]

1) The Regent's Flagship - Free Play Engine
2) Study Divergent History - Draw Engine
3) Emblem of the Alliance - More Free Plays
4)Regent Worf (Crossover) - Vital for Free Plays plus [DL] Taking Charge
5)Historic Coming Together - Draw + Points

[OS] [TE]

1) Halkan Council - Free Plays
2) Study Divergent History - Draws
3) Protect the Timeline - More Free Plays/ Time Travel
4) Emblem of the Empire- Free Plays
5) I.S.S. Enterprise - [DL] Any [OS] [TE]

[1E-DS9] [TE]
1)Terran Rebellion HQ - Free Plays
2) Study Divergent History - Draws
3) Plenty of Captians - More Free Plays
4) Crossover - Multidemnsional Transport Device - Downloads/ allows [MQ] to report as alpha
5) Crossover: An Invitation - Allows non [MQ] to report as such

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mirror TOS is one my all time favorite affiliation all the way back when they were first introduced and boy they got some nice new toys!

1. For me 1E is all about the flavor of Star Trek and Fear Will Keep Them in Line hits a home run here. Downloading an Agony Booth fits with the theme of Evil TOS. It helps boost your weaker TOS ships, and gives you bonus points. Downloadable with the Fedora

2. Imperial Intimidation helps boost your I.S.S. Enterprise stats even more by doubleing the attribute bonus from Chief Engineer Scott and Chief Navigator Chekov

3. The entire TOS bridge crew with their nice skills and enhancements with the classic equipment.

4. Halkan Council to help get your ISS Enterprise out early.

5. Crossover: An Invitation to mix your TOS with Mirror TOS for more flexibility

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I don't think I actually put together a top 5 on this one. While there are cards that go great in specific decks, I think I can find five cards that belong in almost any mirror deck.

1.) Study Divergent History - one of the best drawing engines available. Keeps the card draws flowing to fuel the free play engines of any of the [MQ] factions.

2.) Crossover: An Invitation - opens up a lot of personnel options that weren't previously available. Enables SDH draws.

3.) Taking Charge - given the number of point objectives that help [MQ] decks get to 140, being able to download them for the cost of only one seed slot makes it feasible.

4.) Multidimensional Transport Device sometimes direct beaming can keep you ahead of a battle hungry opponent. Pair with Hidden Fighter if you want to fly round trip.

5.) Off-Zel Vase

If you're staying home in the Mirror Quadrant this card isn't much help. But if you're willing to quadrant hop, this card can go a long way toward getting you to a 2 Mission win. Pair with Cytherians on a super short space line for more easy bonus points.

There it is, my all around [MQ] top 5.

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]