This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

-  
Hey, guys I'm interested to see if any of you are playing Star Trek CCG 1st edition on Tabletop. I'm already playing other card games there and would like to play this one too. If you play there too, let's play some games! Thanks

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey Renior,

I cant/wont speak for everyone but Im thinking this will be met with lukewarm enthusiasm.

Considering there is a free option (Lackey) with the plugins for the cards already existing, Im not sure there is a reason to spend $25 on an alternative solution. Unless the game play experience is miles better than Lackey.

Have you looked into Lackey by any chance?

By emarcotte
 -  
I tried tabletop simulator but struggled to build a deck with the one workshop thing I found for 1e. It seemed like it wasn't very searchable. How were you getting around that?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Tabletop Simulator has come up before, and there have been a few issues with it.

1. As Chad pointed out, not everyone has it. I think as of the last thread on it, me and one other person had Tabletop Simulator.

2. There does appear to be a 1E mod now I just downloaded but haven't tried yet. When I tried the 2E mod though, there was the major hassle that both players had to make their decks after connecting which would be a huge hassle as opposed to making one's deck beforehand. Plus, you'd apparently have to duplicate the cards you wanted on the fly so it'd be hard to keep your strategy secret.

3. Lackey will almost certainly be more up to date.

I thought I had one more, but it's escaping me right now.

All in all though, CCGs don't seem to be the best fit for TS.

By Redgar
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Howdy! Chiming in to indicate that, while I wouldn't necessarily recommend picking up TTS just for ST:CCG 1e:

a) There is a very good Doomtown: Reloaded mod, and a solid L5R: LCG mod (both play well; DT has a deck import feature from dtdb!), so it may be a client that the fabled new players may already have and may already be familiar with;

b) TTS is routinely on sale for ~$10, which is a much more reasonable price (IMhO) for the functionality offered.

I am getting the hang of Lackey, and I'd be surprised if there was a big influx of players to TTS over Lackey if they already know/use Lackey, but there's also other platforms available for Doomtown (Octgn) and L5R (Jingoku), and TTS still sees use... .

Edit: Also, while I haven't tried the ST:CCG 1e mod, it should be possible to build decks in advance? For L5R, you just build your decks in single player mode, then save each deck as an object. Then, when it is time to play multiplayer, you just 'load object' your saved decks.

(The DT Mod is far superior b/c of the deck import function. But L5R deckbuilding isn't bad if you are just pulling together cards for a pre-made decklist.)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Redgar wrote:Edit: Also, while I haven't tried the ST:CCG 1e mod, it should be possible to build decks in advance? For L5R, you just build your decks in single player mode, then save each deck as an object. Then, when it is time to play multiplayer, you just 'load object' your saved decks.
Oh yeah, well maybe I was totally unaware you could do that and should play with the program some more before opening my virtual noisehole!

;)

By Redgar
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:
Redgar wrote:Edit: Also, while I haven't tried the ST:CCG 1e mod, it should be possible to build decks in advance? For L5R, you just build your decks in single player mode, then save each deck as an object. Then, when it is time to play multiplayer, you just 'load object' your saved decks.
Oh yeah, well maybe I was totally unaware you could do that and should play with the program some more before opening my virtual noisehole!

;)
LOL!

Oh yeah? Well maybe I should actually try the Star Trek CCG 1e or 2e mods to confirm that my hypothesis holds true for that mod, rather than relying on an assumption based on other games and making it sound like I'm some sort of TTS bigshot guru! ;) ;)

-  
Tabletop simulator works really well for Magic: The Gathering. I dont know if their are any good mods for Star Trek but it's definitely doable. Deck building is even done super easily on a an associated web page and you just import it over. I would love to play the game on there if anyone is interested. It might even get more people into the game since it is such a popular app.
Attachments:
MTG on tabletop sim
MTG on tabletop sim
Capture.JPG (166.89 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
Last edited by Th3Drizzl3 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]