This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome back! It is always great to see players return!
6x scout encounter 6x servo 6x undetected beam-in
Oh yes, I remember, those were the fun times :) . At the beginning I was a defender of Open Format as well, but you get used to OTF. It is really balanced. And there are lots of great virtual cards released by the ccg. Tribunal of Q and Q's Tent: Civil War for all the extensive Ref-stuff for example. They will be coming is for example a great addition for the Borg.
Also, are lock down decks still a thing?
I'd say Captured, Invasive Beam-In and Ceti Eel and Armada-decks can still lock you out but in general OTF took care of the most nastiest things. I miss Devidian Door though, it was fun letting have Vic a Counceling Session with Sybok :) . But that is the fun about 1E in comparison to 2E, to mess with your opponent. And OTF balanced it to an ok-level. If you want to lock out your opponent, you need really big effort and that is fine. Try it out, have fun and great that you came back to trek!

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Dizzle of Borg wrote: Also, are lock down decks still a thing? One of our players just plays tons of cards that stop your personnel or your ship or prevent you from doing your missions. Always seemed effective against speed racer decks.
I believe one of the new Vulcan deck types, (one of the IDIC cards), is all about playing lots of those cards, and makes it more affordable by giving them a draw engine property as well.
Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]

New Poster in The Void

Looking to see if we have anybody active or intere[…]

If y’all still want to get things brewing in[…]