This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I think I know the answer to this, but it's dumb:

Richard Castillo's romantic partner is not Tasha Yar - Alternate, right?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Correct - because of weird Decipher-era wording ie using her actual name, not the name on the card

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The problem is I'm not sure how to easily fix this one.

"Romantically involved with Tasha Yar-Alternate." would be very odd to see on a card.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
EHCCGPP wrote:The problem is I'm not sure how to easily fix this one.

"Romantically involved with Tasha Yar-Alternate." would be very odd to see on a card.
I'd put the text on Tasha Yar - Alternate. "Romantically involved with Richard Castillo."

(While I'm at it, I'd rename Tasha Yar - Alternate.)

But, in all honesty, I'd probably leave this as-is until the Yesterday's Enterprise team gets made, then let Design figure out how they want to deal with it.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Is "consort of" enough to be a romantic partner if Alternate Tasha had actually named the Romulan general?

Is Alternate Tasha the romantic partner of all Romulan generals? Can I send her to the Holodeck for a 3-way with Shinzon and The Viceroy?
 -  
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:Is "consort of" enough to be a romantic partner if Alternate Tasha had actually named the Romulan general?
Not currently, because there's literally a list of valid synonyms for "romantic partner" in the Glossary and "consort" isn't one of them. However, I'm sure the rule would be changed to include "consort" if a specific consort were ever actually referenced in lore.
Is Alternate Tasha the romantic partner of all Romulan generals? Can I send her to the Holodeck for a 3-way with Shinzon and The Viceroy?
No, a personnel has to name or be named by specific personnel in lore to be that person's romantic partner.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
bhosp wrote:Can I send her to the Holodeck for a 3-way with Shinzon and The Viceroy?
You can, but when they get there all they find is Jon Carter wagging his finger and shaking his head.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote:
bhosp wrote:Can I send her to the Holodeck for a 3-way with Shinzon and The Viceroy?
You can, but when they get there all they find is Jon Carter wagging his finger and shaking his head.
Jon hates fun, confirmed.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Not currently, because there's literally a list of valid synonyms for "romantic partner" in the Glossary and "consort" isn't one of them. However, I'm sure the rule would be changed to include "consort" if a specific consort were ever actually referenced in lore.
And then they'd have to change the name of the rule from "romantic partner" to something a little more....accurate. There's nothing "romantic" about sexual slavery.

"Consort." It would have been better if Decipher had just left that bit of lore off entirely...
 -  
Community Contributor
In general usage, "consort" just means "spouse" or "sexual partner," particularly of an important figure like a king or general. It would be entirely appropriate to call Moogie the consort of Zek.

In the specific case of Tasha - Alternate... you're right, in her case specifically, it doesn't mean anything good.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:In general usage, "consort" just means "spouse" or "sexual partner," particularly of an important figure like a king or general. It would be entirely appropriate to call Moogie the consort of Zek.
Yeah, "consort" is just a fancy term for that arrangement, and again particularly in the context of nobles and such. Look at modern-day monarchies, where the spouse of the monarch is generally called the Queen Consort or Prince Consort.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yes, I think Sela used the word "consort" because she didn't want to acknowledge the ugly truth of her family and origin. But Decipher lore generally isn't written from the perspective of the villains.

Needless to say, Moogie and Zek might go to the Cafe Des Artistes, but Tasha Yar - Alternate won't be going with any Romulan generals.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
HoodieDM wrote:She could get the skill [SD] Succubus

~D
"Discard this card from play if opponent successfully sings 'There's Got To Be a Morning After' backwards successfully."

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]