This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
A question came up in casual play about the "Resistance" skill. I was an ambassador, and I recall a ruling made sometime after "The Dominion" set that a Ferengi with FCA or a Bajoran with Resistance qualified as a personnel with Intelligence.

A check of the glossary does not include Resistance. I checked back through old glossaries and current rulings, but could not find any reference to it.

For any other Decipher-era players ... do you recall anything about this issue???

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks Armus ... I saw that in the glossary.

I should have been more specific in my earlier post - I was asking if any Decipher-era players remember if the rulings during that era (specifically post DS9/Dominion era) said anything different.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I just look at the original HQ: Defensive Measures and compare the erratum:

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don't think "any Intelligence" was ever a concept before 2E.

I do remember being surprised when I learned that Resistance wasn't considered Intelligence. I think that might be because of Holding Cell Door and Security Holding Cell, which list Resistance along with a few Intelligence skills. And then Bajoran Resistance Cell makes a connection between Resistance and Espionage cards, kind of like how my namesake card makes a connection between Tal Shiar and Espionage cards, though the functions of those cards are very different. But I believe those are the only situations where Resistance behaves like Intelligence, since it was never on HQ: Defensive Measures or Espionage Mission.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
The CC created any intelligence as a concept. before that, they were just separate skills

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
pfti is right. And the non-aligned "Intelligence" skill was literally "Intelligence." It didn't do much. I believe the first card to make it to 1EBC status who could have that skills was B-4, because Decipher got (or maybe always was) sloppy with which cards got the mark. It caused quite some confusion regarding what the skill should do.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]