This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
A question came up in casual play about the "Resistance" skill. I was an ambassador, and I recall a ruling made sometime after "The Dominion" set that a Ferengi with FCA or a Bajoran with Resistance qualified as a personnel with Intelligence.

A check of the glossary does not include Resistance. I checked back through old glossaries and current rulings, but could not find any reference to it.

For any other Decipher-era players ... do you recall anything about this issue???

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks Armus ... I saw that in the glossary.

I should have been more specific in my earlier post - I was asking if any Decipher-era players remember if the rulings during that era (specifically post DS9/Dominion era) said anything different.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I just look at the original HQ: Defensive Measures and compare the erratum:

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don't think "any Intelligence" was ever a concept before 2E.

I do remember being surprised when I learned that Resistance wasn't considered Intelligence. I think that might be because of Holding Cell Door and Security Holding Cell, which list Resistance along with a few Intelligence skills. And then Bajoran Resistance Cell makes a connection between Resistance and Espionage cards, kind of like how my namesake card makes a connection between Tal Shiar and Espionage cards, though the functions of those cards are very different. But I believe those are the only situations where Resistance behaves like Intelligence, since it was never on HQ: Defensive Measures or Espionage Mission.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
The CC created any intelligence as a concept. before that, they were just separate skills

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
pfti is right. And the non-aligned "Intelligence" skill was literally "Intelligence." It didn't do much. I believe the first card to make it to 1EBC status who could have that skills was B-4, because Decipher got (or maybe always was) sloppy with which cards got the mark. It caused quite some confusion regarding what the skill should do.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder? I believe h[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]