This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By girot
 -  
Greetings!

Can I attempt planet missions from a landed shuttle?

I was thinking about various ways of using Holograms to redshirt mission attempts. The obvious ways are to use Holo-Projectors on planet missions, and holodecks for space missions.

So, instead of using the main ship or wasting an event on a single location, couldn't I play Holodeck Door on a shuttle/scout vessel? For planet missions, I would land the ship (staffed with holographic redshirts) and make the attempt. When they get 'deactivated', I can simply re-report them to their holodeck on the next turn, and keep going.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
jrch5618 wrote:Sorry, you have to use the Projectors. A personnel in a landed ship isn't on the planet's surface and can't attempt a mission.
This is true!

By girot
 -  
jrch5618 wrote:Sorry, you have to use the Projectors. A personnel in a landed ship isn't on the planet's surface and can't attempt a mission.
Rats. Well, I'm glad I asked before putting in a singles order, lol. Now that planet missions have been settled, could i still play a Holodeck Door on a shuttle/scout ship and use it for red shirting?

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
girot wrote:
Rats. Well, I'm glad I asked before putting in a singles order, lol. Now that planet missions have been settled, could i still play a Holodeck Door on a shuttle/scout ship and use it for red shirting?
Yes.

Also, remember this card: Holographic Settlement

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:
girot wrote:
Yes.

Also, remember this card: Holographic Settlement
Now with card1 tags.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.