This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
admiral-mogh wrote:Data of Borg mentions Locutus in lore so one of them can be the benefactor for the other, using the mask of korgano
Doesn’t work. Data of Borg mentions Locutus in lore not Locutus of Borg.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I'm sure this has already been asked elsewhere (maybe for Dramatis Personae), but now I need to understand what exactly counts as "named in lore":

Does the Bold Italics for an infiltrator or a mirror opposite count?

Do possessives (i.e., "Barash's illusion") count? (Sharing skills with Barash wouldn't help much except I guess for Ooby Dooby purposes, but maybe 5 temporal agents you can download with a Holodeck Door is good?)
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
bhosp wrote:I'm sure this has already been asked elsewhere (maybe for Dramatis Personae), but now I need to understand what exactly counts as "named in lore":

Does the Bold Italics for an infiltrator or a mirror opposite count?

Do possessives (i.e., "Barash's illusion") count? (Sharing skills with Barash wouldn't help much except I guess for Ooby Dooby purposes, but maybe 5 temporal agents you can download with a Holodeck Door is good?)
From the glossary, bolded for empathsis:
the glossary wrote: The capitalization of articles ("a", "the") may be disregarded. (Both Bareil and 0413-Theta name The Intendant in lore.) Standard word form variations, such as declined or possessive nouns, do not "break" a match. (Jadzia Dax is named in Els Renora’s lore, despite the apostrophe + s after "Dax.") Context matters for determining whether the lore is actually naming the subject.
The entry doesn't mention anything about the italics for mirror versions or infiltrators, so they should count too.

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
admiral-mogh wrote:Data of Borg mentions Locutus in lore so one of them can be the benefactor for the other, using the mask of korgano
Sorry, misunderstood.

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
CrimsonRavage wrote:
the glossary wrote: The capitalization of articles ("a", "the") may be disregarded. (Both Bareil and 0413-Theta name The Intendant in lore.) Standard word form variations, such as declined or possessive nouns, do not "break" a match. (Jadzia Dax is named in Els Renora’s lore, despite the apostrophe + s after "Dax.") Context matters for determining whether the lore is actually naming the subject.
So does Lt. Nagata work for Ensign O'Brien?

By kingmj4891 (Matthew King)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
soggy_amphibian wrote:
CrimsonRavage wrote:
So does Lt. Nagata work for Ensign O'Brien?
I would say yes Context matters for determining whether the lore is actually naming the subject.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'd just like to point out that the new targ Boshar can serve as the Benefactor for Antakk, and vice versa. This fact pointed out for awesomeness only

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:I'd just like to point out that the new targ Boshar can serve as the Benefactor for Antakk, and vice versa. This fact pointed out for awesomeness only
An ANIMAL can now use regular skills!

Another Borg/non-Borg combo is Bareil and Bareil of Borg, since only one is the Bareil Antos persona.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Now I want to use this to give Brunt of Borg his missing FCA. Mostly useless, but it would right a wrong in my book.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SirDan wrote:Now I want to use this to give Brunt of Borg his missing FCA. Mostly useless, but it would right a wrong in my book.
Would his new name be known as QuickBooks?

~D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:I think this is one of the stronger cards we have seen in a while. :)
Since this card was spoiled on Twitter and not revealed on the CC's website, I am really hoping that there will be an article released that explains in more detail about how this card works.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Me; I like the fact that I can have Governor Worf be a benefactor for Admiral Riker in my deck lol. And bonus points for the fact that Riker's lore states that he is at odds with Worf.
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:
Takket wrote:I'd just like to point out that the new targ Boshar can serve as the Benefactor for Antakk, and vice versa. This fact pointed out for awesomeness only

Another Borg/non-Borg combo is Bareil and Bareil of Borg, since only one is the Bareil Antos persona.
Two of them can. George and Gracie can get the regular skills from Dr. Gillian Taylor with this card. Granted, it's not quiet as impressive of a skill list but it's better than the nothing they have now lol.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:

Actually, neither is a version of the Bareil Antos persona.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]