This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:
Takket wrote:I'd just like to point out that the new targ Boshar can serve as the Benefactor for Antakk, and vice versa. This fact pointed out for awesomeness only
An ANIMAL can now use regular skills!

Another Borg/non-Borg combo is Bareil and Bareil of Borg, since only one is the Bareil Antos persona.
Actually, neither is a version of the Bareil Antos persona.
admiral-mogh wrote:I think we might need a list of "official matches" in the Glossary to be sure?
Completely agree here and this is why. To make sure we know what works and what doesn't. seems to me since Bareil of Borg mentions Bareil Antos in his lore that would be enough to qualify for Temporal Benefactor.

In a way it's kind of flimsy, Boratus mentions Picard in his lore and use this card to gain his skills but in reality they were just short of actually being enemies so it seems weird. Likewise the idea of [1E-AU] Borg counterparts seems weird but also seems probable.
soggy_amphibian wrote: So does Lt. Nagata work for Ensign O'Brien?
Even better, per Ensign O'Brien's lore he can also be the benefactor for Captain Kirk and Barry Waddle if he has a Mask of Korgano attached. Three for the price of one.

By Isidus
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote: Even better, per Ensign O'Brien's lore he can also be the benefactor for Captain Kirk and Barry Waddle if he has a Mask of Korgano attached. Three for the price of one.
He doesn't need the mask. The benefactor doesn't need to have [1E-AU] .

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Isidus wrote:
Slayer07 wrote: Even better, per Ensign O'Brien's lore he can also be the benefactor for Captain Kirk and Barry Waddle if he has a Mask of Korgano attached. Three for the price of one.
He doesn't need the mask. The benefactor doesn't need to have [1E-AU] .
Barry Waddle needs the mask if he wants to benefit from Ensign O'Brien as the benefactor as he Waddle does not have an [1E-AU] icon built into him like Kirk and Nagata do.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote: In a way it's kind of flimsy, Boratus mentions Picard in his lore and use this card to gain his skills but in reality they were just short of actually being enemies so it seems weird.
I actually think it makes a lot of sense. It's implied that the Benefactor is manipulating Silik - their "alliance" is one of present convenience, not based on long-term trust. Likewise, the "Temporal Benefactor" in a CCG game doesn't necessarily need to be a character who would have their Temporal Agents' best interests at heart (or vice versa). It's all manipulation as a means to a larger goal, which would be reflected by even enemies working to "benefit" one another - especially alternate versions or past-versions of ones enemies.

I think the two most heavily favored fan theories for the benefactor's true identity on the show was that he was either a Romulan or a future version of Archer. Given that at times he worked with both Silik and Archer, either theory would mean that at one point or another, Archer or Silik worked with a benefactor that they could credibly call "enemy" at a different point in their timeline.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote:Let's make T'Pol the Benefactor and let Porthos start Vulcan Mindmelds.
You can find some pretty neat things to do with this card lol. Even mundane cards get a pretty good boost to make them useable. I just found out that Captain Picard can be the benefactor for Commander Tomalak, who could be in play first turn with Assign Support Personnel and he would finally be more useful than his counterparts the ambassador or the original.

Anyone else find anything that takes a sublime personnel to a new heights?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Do the people that become temporal agents remain that way if they are discarded? Asking for the sake of Out of time allowing me to take temporal agents from discard pile to hand.

My inclination is no since any attribute added to a card only works in they are in play unless it is specifically added with a phrase like "even if not in play".
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm supposed to write a post-release article depicting a temporal agent deck, I believe. I didn't realize this was going to be the card that made people's heads hurt (I was sure it would be Unrelenting Lust, Distant Control, or These Are The Voyages), but now that it obviously is making people's heads hurt, I'll put some rules guidance into that article.

While I'm at it, I'll ask Rules for the official take on temporal agents in the discard pile. It certainly seems more fun that way, and I have never seen the legal point of the "even if not in play" -- Treaties don't have it, for example, and I can't find Glossary text to support it -- but I don't know Rules' view on that specific interaction and they have the final say.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I'm supposed to write a post-release article depicting a temporal agent deck, I believe. I didn't realize this was going to be the card that made people's heads hurt (I was sure it would be Unrelenting Lust, Distant Control, or These Are The Voyages), but now that it obviously is making people's heads hurt, I'll put some rules guidance into that article.

While I'm at it, I'll ask Rules for the official take on temporal agents in the discard pile. It certainly seems more fun that way, and I have never seen the legal point of the "even if not in play" -- Treaties don't have it, for example, and I can't find Glossary text to support it -- but I don't know Rules' view on that specific interaction and they have the final say.
:) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

THANK YOU!

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I mean I guess we also need to know if they become temporal agent related cards while not in play so we know if Benefactor can download them?

By adf8
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:mmmm this card with Temporal Almanac, yum yum, plus I can't wait to restock time pod ring in decks, yum yum
Plant :wink:
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]