This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which character should we choose for our card?

Benny Russell
9%
Chu'lak
2%
Crewman Kellin
12%
Dukat
4%
Erika Benteen
7%
Facets Dax
17%
Founder Leader
5%
Keiko O'Brien
2%
Miles O'Brien
1%
Molly O'Brien
9%
Odo
5%
Rom
7%
Solok
10%
Sisters of Duras (Lursa & B'Etor)
5%
Worf
8%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to step 2 of the Will of the Collective! In this poll, you'll vote on the character that will ultimately become the fourth community-created card. I was very happy to see so many posts in the nominations thread: you guys ultimately nominated 39 different eligible [1E-DS9] characters. I then had the difficult job of curating that list down to fifteen.

Your job now is to vote on the character you want to see turned into a card. This poll will be up for just 24 hours - a single day - ending around 10:30 AM Pacific on Saturday, January 20th. Each of you will be able to vote for up to two (2) choices, and you can change your vote at any time until the poll closes.

If we don't have a clear winner, there will be a runoff vote posted after this poll closes. A runoff will be triggered if the top two choices are tied, or if their combined total number of votes is less than half the total number of votes. So vote, then feel free to reply to this thread with your votes and try to sway others to your side!

Let me tell you a little bit about the method I used to curate the list:

I started with only the characters that were nominated more than once, as these were characters that would be more popular than others. I ran through the following process for those characters, and then repeated the process for the single nomination characters after to fill the gap.

My priority was picking characters that would allow you all to make interesting decisions as we move through the process. Now obviously, we can have a lot of fun discussing and choosing a special skill or download for any character. But I think it's much more interesting if we have a character that offers multiple stories to choose from like Odo or Molly O'Brien, instead of one like Crewman Kellin or Dr. Elias Giger. So my first threshold was to select nominated characters that I felt offered multiple decision points with multiple choices.

After this initial pass, my second look was to identify characters that would best offer the chance for a unique or special card at the end. I consider Benny Russell to be one such nomination, as this would allow us to dive into discussions about how to capture such a unique and powerful story on a card. I also included cards that might be more complicated than the rules initially allowed for, but offered interesting choices. Lursa and B'Etor - together - was once such choice. (If they're picked, we might make a dual personnel or we might make two cards.)

Finally, I looked at popularity. If a personnel received multiple nominations and provoked multiple positive discussions or reactions, it was probably included in the list. I know that a lot of nominated characters didn't make this list, and I'm sorry I couldn't include all the choices. But I hope my methodology makes sense, and that you'll find a character you like among the final options.

I did make one executive decision and combined several characters into a single options: Facets Dax. This would include options such as Curzon Odo, Joran Sisko, Emony Leela, etc. Of course, Curzon Odo could also be chosen if Odo is the winner, but I liked the options provided by picking all of Dax's hosts as embodied by her friends.

Happy voting, all! After this vote, we'll open up nominations for the character story we want to draw from.

-crp

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Happy voting, all! After this vote, we'll open up nominations for the character story we want to draw from.
I presume that if a single-story character is chosen (Benny, or Kellin) we'll skip that part and adjust the schedule appropriately?
 -  
Prophet
Maelwys wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:Happy voting, all! After this vote, we'll open up nominations for the character story we want to draw from.
I presume that if a single-story character is chosen (Benny, or Kellin) we'll skip that part and adjust the schedule appropriately?
Correct.

-crp

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
Technically, Benny Russell has two episodes.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Damn, missed the nominations thread; and no one else put in a plug for a JLP from Emissary or an Admiral Nechayev.

Is it wrong to vote for the captains hoping it'll compel a future expansion with their matching ships? Then again, a DS9 Sisters would be great to go along with the cha'joh.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I wouldn't mind a future "Mismatch" Boutique set with a [1E-DS9] Picard, a [1E-TNG] Bashir and whatever else we can think to put in there.

We do have a Voyager Quark from Voyager's 1st episode as well.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:I wouldn't mind a future "Mismatch" Boutique set with a [1E-DS9] Picard, a [1E-TNG] Bashir and whatever else we can think to put in there.

How about [1E-DS9] versions of most of the rest of the [OS] bridge crew (except Sulu)?

That was the original plan, after all, before Decipher got the TOS licence: make most of the TOS crew from Trials and Sulu from Flashback.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
princedetenebres wrote:Damn, missed the nominations thread; and no one else put in a plug for a JLP from Emissary or an Admiral Nechayev.

Is it wrong to vote for the captains hoping it'll compel a future expansion with their matching ships? Then again, a DS9 Sisters would be great to go along with the cha'joh.
Someone did nominate JLP

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:I wouldn't mind a future "Mismatch" Boutique set with a [1E-DS9] Picard, a [1E-TNG] Bashir and whatever else we can think to put in there.

Voyager Riker with a [1E-DQ] icon maybe?
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Ok so now that we know a little more about what the process will be, I will lobby voters to vote for Rom. There would be a lot of interesting choices to make for him. Should we go with the overly devious, first season Rom? How about a [Fed] Rom during the Dominion Occupation? We could have Grand Nagus Rom. We could even try to convince Charlie to do a Rom and Leeta dual personnel card! A vote for Rom is a vote for fun!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Comicbookhero wrote:Ok so now that we know a little more about what the process will be, I will lobby voters to vote for Rom. There would be a lot of interesting choices to make for him. Should we go with the overly devious, first season Rom? How about a [Fed] Rom during the Dominion Occupation? We could have Grand Nagus Rom. We could even try to convince Charlie to do a Rom and Leeta dual personnel card! A vote for Rom is a vote for fun!
Looks like *Dax is the clear leader. Not sure I'm a fan, but since my nominations didn't make the cut and my votes are way back in the pack, I don't see the results changing at this point.

I'm also not a fan of the near-leaders enough to change my vote. I guess we'll see where this takes us.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Comicbookhero wrote:Ok so now that we know a little more about what the process will be, I will lobby voters to vote for Rom. There would be a lot of interesting choices to make for him. Should we go with the overly devious, first season Rom? How about a [Fed] Rom during the Dominion Occupation? We could have Grand Nagus Rom. We could even try to convince Charlie to do a Rom and Leeta dual personnel card! A vote for Rom is a vote for fun!
Convinced me. I've voted for Rom!
 -  
Prophet
Armus wrote:Looks like *Dax is the clear leader. Not sure I'm a fan, but since my nominations didn't make the cut and my votes are way back in the pack, I don't see the results changing at this point.

I'm also not a fan of the near-leaders enough to change my vote. I guess we'll see where this takes us.
Don't underestimate the power of a powerful argument. Who knows what might change in the next 90 minutes or so?

I am sorry your nominations didn't make the cut. I felt Morn would be tough to make, especially with how popular and powerful his existing card is. Nog was a very tough cut, he very nearly made the list.

-crp
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]