This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which character should we choose for our card?

Benny Russell
9%
Chu'lak
2%
Crewman Kellin
12%
Dukat
4%
Erika Benteen
7%
Facets Dax
17%
Founder Leader
5%
Keiko O'Brien
2%
Miles O'Brien
1%
Molly O'Brien
9%
Odo
5%
Rom
7%
Solok
10%
Sisters of Duras (Lursa & B'Etor)
5%
Worf
8%

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I like Rom because I think Grand Nagus Rom really fits into the spirit of this event. This is supposed to be a celebration of Deep Space Nine, and Rom's journey (from incompetent background near-extra to new face of the Ferengi Alliance) really encapsulates a lot of what was fun and unique about Deep Space Nine - its long-form storytelling and evolving, dynamic characters.

I also think he could potentially be a very unique Ferengi personnel - not your typical Nagus (it may be asking too much that he be the centerpiece of a brand new kind of Ferengi deck design, reflecting the "new ideals" of the Ferengi that he represents, but I'd like to see that).

I also like Benny Russell, but I think his "story" is best told in a manner that goes beyond a mere personnel - much like Kamin. A personnel like Benny Russell would probably look a lot like the 19th-century personnel from "Time's Arrow" - not all that useful in the long run, eventually becoming binder fodder. But a Benny Russell-like Incident, which interacts with the Prophets or Pah-Wraiths, would have a lot more depth.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
frakkingoff wrote:I like Rom because I think Grand Nagus Rom really fits into the spirit of this event. This is supposed to be a celebration of Deep Space Nine, and Rom's journey (from incompetent background near-extra to new face of the Ferengi Alliance) really encapsulates a lot of what was fun and unique about Deep Space Nine - its long-form storytelling and evolving, dynamic characters.

I also think he could potentially be a very unique Ferengi personnel - not your typical Nagus (it may be asking too much that he be the centerpiece of a brand new kind of Ferengi deck design, reflecting the "new ideals" of the Ferengi that he represents, but I'd like to see that).

I also like Benny Russell, but I think his "story" is best told in a manner that goes beyond a mere personnel - much like Kamin. A personnel like Benny Russell would probably look a lot like the 19th-century personnel from "Time's Arrow" - not all that useful in the long run, eventually becoming binder fodder. But a Benny Russell-like Incident, which interacts with the Prophets or Pah-Wraiths, would have a lot more depth.

Bah! Forget Grand Nagus Room. He totally hippy-dippy-ed the entire Ferengi Alliance!

If that's the story line we're going with, give me 'True Ferengi' Quark! Rig the Dabo Wheels! Water Down the Drinks! Pay the staff nothing! Make Quark's Bar Great Again!

:P

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I voted for Facets Dax.. it's an episode of DS9 I like, and interesting character options.

For 2nd vote, I went for Rom... the previous argument was compelling, plus he's as close to a nerd as Ferengi seem to get, I like that :)

Just pleasepleaseplease not the O'Briens.. Miles has been a least favorite of the DS9 mains, and Keiko rubs me the wrong way.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
We can make a Rom who isn't named Rom but just "Ferengi Pit Boss", as he was credited as on Emissary.
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Marquetry wrote:Just pleasepleaseplease not the O'Briens.. Miles has been a least favorite of the DS9 mains, and Keiko rubs me the wrong way.
If you're not listening to The Greatest Generation, then you should be based on that comment. :wink:

By RouterPlaner (Sam)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:We can make a Rom who isn't named Rom but just "Ferengi Pit Boss", as he was credited as on Emissary.
Comicbookhero wrote: If you're not listening to The Greatest Generation, then you should be based on that comment. :wink:
Sorry

[NA] Horned Alien

Prisoner at Rura Penthe in 2293. Bully who lost more fights than he won. Very sensitive knees.
[SD] Treachery [SD] Stellar Cartography [SD] Stunned if adversary has Treachery OR Any Kirk
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]