This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By tomek
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:I do like performing unethical medical experiments on my people.... does Crell Mosett work on my opponent's personnel?
Yup... Crell discards a personnel present. so give him a mobile holo-emitter and you can run around and munch munch on your opponent's personnel 8)

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
tomek wrote:
KillerB wrote:I do like performing unethical medical experiments on my people.... does Crell Mosett work on my opponent's personnel?
Yup... Crell discards a personnel present. so give him a mobile holo-emitter and you can run around and munch munch on your opponent's personnel 8)
That's right.... he's a hologram in 1E.... that means I can't Devidian Door him. :(

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Why would you not be able to Devidian Door a hologram? He's still Personnel..

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
KillerB wrote:
EHCCGPP wrote:Why would you not be able to Devidian Door a hologram? He's still Personnel..
I guess you can, but he'd immediately deactivate.... because Holograms don't have souls.
He wouldn't deactivate if something allowing holograms to be active is present (Holodeck, Holosuite, Mobile Holo-Emitter or Holo-Projectors)... at least, unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:
KillerB wrote:
EHCCGPP wrote:Why would you not be able to Devidian Door a hologram? He's still Personnel..
I guess you can, but he'd immediately deactivate.... because Holograms don't have souls.
He wouldn't deactivate if something allowing holograms to be active is present (Holodeck, Holosuite, Mobile Holo-Emitter or Holo-Projectors)... at least, unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible.
I don't see why not either, except of course if you don't want to lose next turn you need to show that Devidian Door. Holodeck Door would do the same thing. Still have to have a holodeck to report him to though.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Holograms start off. You have to have someone turn them on. The can be any where, they just act like a disabled personnel while deactivated.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Or check if they ever made a CCG out of John Carpenter's The Thing...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
You can Devidian Door Khan or Sybok for a little counceling session. That would not eat people, but put them on your side :) . Devidian Door was one of my favourite. You could also send over Spot for pouncing or Vedek Winn for doing what she is best at: Annoying peps to death by endless blabering :) . Or send over Infiltrators... Damn, that was a fun card... It was also triggering commandeer ship... All what is left now is The Walls have ears. Send over Founder Leader, arm him with a gun via The Art of Diplomacy and start capturing... Do Prisoner Exchange and the fun begins...
Damn, 1E is simply the superior game, so much crazy stuff... Or just ask Michael, he is the evil Genius. Dr. Noah and an Emitter is also fun. But be aware of Reactor Overload but since Ref-Tent sees less and less play, it is worth a shot.

By RouterPlaner (Sam)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:Holograms start off. You have to have someone turn them on. The can be any where, they just act like a disabled personnel while deactivated.
:thumbsdown:
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
RouterPlaner wrote:
winterflames wrote:Holograms start off. You have to have someone turn them on. The can be any where, they just act like a disabled personnel while deactivated.
As of 8 hours ago this is no longer true

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote:
RouterPlaner wrote:
As of 8 hours ago this is no longer true
The difference between Saturday and Monday.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]