This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

What should the INTEGRITY of our card be?

13%
22%
49%
13%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
2%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to step 13 (Part 1 of 3) of the Will of the Collective! In this poll, you'll vote on the INTEGRITY of the finished card. There are separate polls for voting on CUNNING and STRENGTH, so make sure to vote for those as well.

Voting on attributes is pretty self-explanatory, so I'll keep this short and sweet. This poll will be up for just 24 hours - a single day - ending around 8:30 AM Pacific on Monday, February 5th. Each of you will be able to vote for the INTEGRITY you want to see on the card, and you can change your vote at any time until the poll closes. In the event of a tie on any attribute poll, there will be a runoff vote to determine the final attribute numbers.

Have fun, and please feel free to post your thoughts and arguments for or against the different INTEGRITY. Tomorrow, we'll decide on the image!

-crp

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:Lon Suder the redeemable murderer (as the only relevant murderer example if I'm not mistaken) is a six.

Backstabbing Founders are a four.

So five is the middle ground for it I think.
In 1E a 6 attribute is average. Lon Suder's moral motivations and loyalty were more complex --- in the end he sacrificed himself to save Voyager from the Kazon. The Founders also had an ethos in the context of their Dominion worldview.

In the 3.5 minutes we saw Joran Sisko he did four things:
- manipulate Jadzia by telling her she was a nothing and not worthy of the Dax symbiont,
- banged Sisko's body against the forcefield,
- pretended to be Sisko to mislead Jadzia, and
- tried to strangle Jadzia with his bare hands.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Timo wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:Lon Suder the redeemable murderer (as the only relevant murderer example if I'm not mistaken) is a six.

In 1E a 6 attribute is average. Lon Suder's moral motivations and loyalty were more complex --- in the end he sacrificed himself to save Voyager from the Kazon. The Founders also had an ethos in the context of their Dominion worldview.

- manipulate Jadzia by telling her she was a nothing and not worthy of the Dax symbiont,

Yup. That's why I voted 2.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Timo wrote:

Hmm, true. I don't think the second one really matters it's not it seems that painful or anything but everything else doesn't speak well.

By Zef'No
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
INTEGRITY characterises morality, loyalty and discipline.

The average is about 6, so clearly below that seems right.

However, I don't believe we should aim too low. Is Joran as bad as Dr. Tolian Soren, NA Dukat, Etana Jol, Hagath, The Intendant (all 2) for example?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Zef'No wrote:INTEGRITY characterises morality, loyalty and discipline.

However, I don't believe we should aim too low. Is Joran as bad as Dr. Tolian Soren, NA Dukat, Etana Jol, Hagath, The Intendant (all 2) for example?
He performed a useful service in Field of Fire, hence why I voted 3. He’s fairly open and honest about his murderous ways. I’d have voted higher if I didn’t want him to get me past In The Pale Moonlight...

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:
Zef'No wrote:INTEGRITY characterises morality, loyalty and discipline.

He performed a useful service in Field of Fire, hence why I voted 3. He’s fairly open and honest about his murderous ways. I’d have voted higher if I didn’t want him to get me past In The Pale Moonlight...
And he constantly tried to get Ezri to kill the murderer in question as well as trying to get her to kill an innocent because the profile almost fit. Seems more like two to me. Also, I realize this is an old debate but again this isn't Joran from FOF this is Joran from Facets. Even if we accept the fact there may never be another Joran, we have to accept this is the Joran from Facets and so he hasn't done that yet.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok Music Nerds, here's your opportunity:

What 3 numbers on his attributes in order can both:

a) be reasonable for the character and

b) be a super nerdy Easter egg for the music majors in the house?

Example: 1-3-5 is your basic root chord, but that doesn't make a lot of sense story-wise for cunning and strength.

You want a composer? Let's compose. :wink:

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Ok Music Nerds, here's your opportunity:

What 3 numbers on his attributes in order can both:

a) be reasonable for the character and

b) be a super nerdy Easter egg for the music majors in the house?

Example: 1-3-5 is your basic root chord, but that doesn't make a lot of sense story-wise for cunning and strength.

You want a composer? Let's compose. :wink:
I am not a music nerd lol

That being said, 3-7-5 somehow would make some kind of sense to me.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:NO INTEGRITY is not an option, sorry.

-crp
Why not? I'm not arguing that he should have NO INTEGRITY, but why can't it be an option?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:NO INTEGRITY is not an option, sorry.

-crp
Why not? I'm not arguing that he should have NO INTEGRITY, but why can't it be an option?
I'm guessing it's simply the fact that numerical attributes are much less of a gameplay/rules headache than undefined attributes. I view this as part of the curation process where Charlie doesnt let us go TOO far off the rails. :wink:

@Brad are you Brad Snyder? I believe he […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]