This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello folks! It's time for Step 15 in our quest to make a community designed card - Will of the Collective IV! We are very nearly done, only needing to pick the final title of the card and the lore. Today, I invite you to suggest titles which we'll vote on on Thursday. Then on Friday, I'll show you the lore options written by our creative team and you'll get to vote on those.

Each of you will be able to nominate a single title for the finished card. The sky's the limit on titles, but please be aware if the title of the card is not "Benjamin Sisko," then the Benjamin Sisko persona keyword will be added to his lore.

You'll have two (2) days to make suggestions. On the 8th, some time shortly after 9:30 AM Pacific, I'll go through all the nominations and pick up to fifteen (15) options. I'll start with the most popular nominations, but the final list will be curated. I'll be curating the list to make sure the suggested titles meet our design standards and with the best chance of surviving testing are offered.

So, in summary:

- You may nominate a single title by replying to this thread.
- Please mark your nomination in bold.
- Quote a nomination and post a "Me too!," :thumbsup: , or similar text to second a nomination.
- From the list of nominations, a maximum of fifteen (15) options will be offered for a vote.

Have fun!

-crp

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Joran

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:Joran
:thumbsup: +1

He may look like Sisko but he is not Sisko. I know at the moment it might not seem relevant but it only takes one card to change that.

For example, Joseph Sisko could [DL] any non [MQ] Sisko. Joran should not be part of that.

This is, a sense, a form of possession. Consider TNG episode 'Power Play'. The criminal entities that possessed Data, Troi and O'Brien were not Data, Troi and O'Brien even though they possessed their memories; something Joran did not have with Sisko.

Nor is he really a Dax, as he does not possess the symbiote. Calling oneself a Dax is based on the possession of the symbiote, as I believe Ezri proves. If we ever got a pre-joined Ezri Dax she would be called Ezri Tigan would she not? And if we got a pre-joined Jadzia she would be...I guess just Jadzia since I don't think we ever got a lsst name for a pre-joined Jadzia.

By Zef'No
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My nomination: Joran

(can't be Joran Dax because he wasn't joined to the symbiont; he didn't have access to memories of the previous hosts for example.
Can't be Joran Belar because that was before he was joined; by Trill custom a completely different person.
Joran Sisko doesn't work because it implies a joining with Sisko which didn't happen, unlike Curzon Odo)

-  
Slayer07 wrote:

He may look like Sisko but he is not Sisko. I know at the moment it might not seem relevant but it only takes one card to change that.

For example, Joseph Sisko could [DL] any non [MQ] Sisko. Joran should not be part of that.

This is, a sense, a form of possession. Consider TNG episode 'Power Play'. The criminal entities that possessed Data, Troi and O'Brien were not Data, Troi and O'Brien even though they possessed their memories; something Joran did not have with Sisko.
If he's a persona of Benjamin Sisko (which he will be), wouldn't that qualify him as "any Sisko"? (People who know the rules better than I?)

And anyway, it already is relevant, thanks to Professor Sisko.

By Zef'No
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:
If he's a persona of Benjamin Sisko (which he will be), wouldn't that qualify him as "any Sisko"?
Interesting question. I'd say probably but not necessarily. The " any" concept does not tie in with the persona concept. The question is, does this count as a version of the Ben Sisko "character"...

I could see arguments either way.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:

If he's a persona of Benjamin Sisko (which he will be), wouldn't that qualify him as "any Sisko"? (People who know the rules better than I?)

And anyway, it already is relevant, thanks to Professor Sisko.
You know I was thinking about Professor Sisko for some reason making it relevant but it escaped me why. Thanks for that reminder.

Actually though yes I guess he would be able to report that way, since The Emissary, Jod'mos and even Dr. Noah can report to Professor Sisko, heck even Mr. Sisko's Interceptor, For the Sisko and Sisko Subroutine 197 technically count if you click the link on Professor Sisko's download. Rather it's true or not is another matter.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:If he's a persona of Benjamin Sisko (which he will be), wouldn't that qualify him as "any Sisko"? (People who know the rules better than I?)
Under current rules, yes:
any – If a card refers to a specific Star Trek
character using the word “any” (e.g., “any
Miles”), it refers to any Personnel card
representing the specified character,
including [AU], [MQ], and [Holo] personnel
(but not impersonators). Thus, both Chief
O’Brien and Smiley are “any Miles;” and both
Montgomery Scott and Mr. Scott are “any
Scotty;” but Odo Founder is not “any Odo.”

“Any Enterprise” is any ship with “Enterprise”
in its card title. “Any Nor” is any station
identified in its title or lore as a Nor
(including Deep Space 9).

For other card types, “any” (or “a”, “an”, or
“one”) refers to a card with that
characteristic. For example, “any disruptor”
includes Varon-T Disruptor, Klingon
Disruptor Rifle, and Breen CRM114, while
“Any Emblem card” includes Emblem of the
Empire and Emblem of the Alliance (but not
cards displaying the icons representing those
emblems).
I've been agitating to have this changed for a while. Delete the first two paragraphs and just use the characteristics rule like everything else. If that change happened, it would depend on Joran's exact lore.

-  
Iron Prime wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Just Joran.

Or maybe Joran Joran. :-)
Or Doran Doran?
Only if we can make him a siege tower.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder? I believe he […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]