This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
I can deal with Joran if he is a persona of Sisko...

but I nominate al slightly alternate title:
“Joran”

The quotations show he really isn’t Joran Belar but that he is a memory of the character
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Joran Sisko.

Might as well settle on the nomenclature if people really want to have the full set of Dax Action Figures. :)

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:I can deal with Joran if he is a persona of Sisko...

“Joran”

The quotations show he really isn’t Joran Belar but that he is a memory of the character
I disagree that he is just a 'memory'. I feel that the way the Trills bond with their 'worm' that its far more than just the memories. We see the whole personality of each person come forth. Thats different imo.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote:

“Joran”

I disagree that he is just a 'memory'. I feel that the way the Trills bond with their 'worm' that its far more than just the memories. We see the whole personality of each person come forth. Thats different imo.
Maybe but he's still not the real Joran Belor. The real Joran Belor would be the one we see in Field of Fire.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
DarkSabre wrote:

“Joran”

Maybe I used the wrong word, would “spirit” be more appropriate? What is in Sisko is not Joran Belar as that person disappeared at the moment of joining... and his body died when Joran Dax died.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:

“Joran”

Maybe but he's still not the real Joran Belor. The real Joran Belor would be the one we see in Field of Fire.
Yeah but I wouldn't put the Joran as 'Joran'. I do need to see both episodes again (in the middle of a ds9 rewatch as I make my decks for the upcoming masters). I don't remember enough if Joran was able to reference at all any of the hosts before him when talking to Jadzia. If that is the case wouldn't that make him more like a Joran Dax than anything? I can see the argument that he is Joran Sisko since he is now being hosted inside Sisko. But I'm fine with just Joran and make sure we reference both Jadzia & Benjamin in the lore.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:

“Joran”

Maybe I used the wrong word, would “spirit” be more appropriate? What is in Sisko is not Joran Belar as that person disappeared at the moment of joining... and his body died when Joran Dax died.
I would say personality that didn't 'stay'. I just saw the episode, forgetting the name, but when Dax was forcefully removed from Jadzia, the new host didn't remember anything from Dax because there wasn't enough time for the memories to integrate.

I wonder what would happen if Sisko was kept like that for a week. Would the memories stay behind even after the 'personality' was removed? How would that effect Sisko?

I think we should look at what happened with Curzon & Odo when they fused. It was far far more than a memory transplant. It's like that part of Dax, that special melding of both host & dax, was taken out of Dax itself and put into a new shell to carry that part.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I would also nominate Joran Sisko, even if it looks like Joran is in a commanding lead.

By Borg King
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Zef'No wrote:My nomination: Joran

(can't be Joran Dax because he wasn't joined to the symbiont; he didn't have access to memories of the previous hosts for example.
Can't be Joran Belar because that was before he was joined; by Trill custom a completely different person.
Joran Sisko doesn't work because it implies a joining with Sisko which didn't happen, unlike Curzon Odo)
Sold! I was riding the Joran Sisko train for a while but this makes a lot of sense; there was no joining, just a "borrowing".

For clarification in counting, my nomination is for Joran.

:borg:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Joran's mind.

Sisko's body.

Joran Sisko.

Seems straightforward to me.
Yeah I'm feeling like I am going to be voting for this now after thinking it through (also rewatching DS9 helps). The whole ritual literally removed that part of the personality/memories/knowledge that was the combined being called Joran Dax and was put into a new host aka Sisko.

But if we go with Trill naming logic then he should really be called Benjamin Joran lol

By kingmj4891 (Matthew King)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I Nominate: Zhian'tara Joran

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
DarkSabre wrote:

“Joran”

More specifically, he is the collection of Joran's memories. Which is equated with who the person is. That's how it's described in the episode (specifically, in the Lela scene).

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Keep in mind that the whole just what part of a joined Trill is the host and what part is the symbiont thing is pretty vague and wishy-washy. "Necessary Evil" established that Jadzia (pre-joining; Memory Beta notes that her family name is Idaris) had already achieved some pretty impressive scientific credentials, for instance, and Jadzia Dax was a scientist even though none of Dax's previous hosts had been. (Similarly with Ezri Tigan being a counselor and continuing as such once joined.)
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]